Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-03-2021, 02:51 AM   #61
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
SFIV's aesthetics were welcome for the time after the lull in fighting games in the 00s. I enjoyed the early days of IV, but never once got into the fighting game community and all of its shenanigans.

For SF6 if they manage to go with a more crisp anime(better yet, bring SF2 concept art vibes to life), less watercolor, and more lively stage backgrounds, that would set it apart from being another SFV season pass.

I'm not at all a fan of Guilty Gear's aesthetics, as the hyper-anime stuff is way too disorienting for my taste, but enjoyed playing the early ones on the Dreamcast. But from a collecting standpoint, those characters are all forgettable unlike SF.

I think that bringing back simpler character-oriented story modes as SF2/Alpha and dropping the high stakes Shadaloo nonsense for a while would be nice.

The only realistic SF game I'll take is the Movie arcade game.
I own that on the Sega Saturn
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:57 AM   #62
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Why would it be impractical? They aren't hand drawn animation frames they are 3D models.

No other fighting games before MKX and SFIV/V were so heavily invested with costumes. I understand the impetus of a revenue stream but all other fighting games prior or since have not had the clout or developer resources for it to be relevant revenue generator including Arc.

Also lot of things are getting construed together here. Anime style/cartoon art/cell shading. I'm referring to the literal translation of drawn art to video game frames There's no one way it has to be done, nothing is on or off the table. Street Fighter is due a major aesthetic overall after 15 years and there's an opportunity to do something that before has not been possible.
The way that Arc System Works does it to get that look makes it impractical, even with it being 3D models.

Also the second line is not true. There have been multiple fighting games that have had a great variety of costumes (and it was even a focus of those games to collect them). Virtua Fighter 4 & 5 and Tekken 5 & 6. The only difference is that they weren't monetized back then, because obviously it was hard to do that in the era those games released.

Also, you cannot directly translate drawn art to a video game, it's always going to look different. Because what works in 2D does not necessarily work in 3D. That's evident even with Arc System Works games where the animations in the story modes don't look good.

Street Fighter 5 on the other hand actually does look good animation wise in gameplay and in the cinematic story cutscenes. The characters have emotion, and don't appear stiff and robotic like with Arc System Works games.

We also did get a major overhaul already in Street Fighter, it's called Street Fighter 5.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:13 AM   #63
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
The way that Arc System Works does it to get that look makes it impractical, even with it being 3D models.

Also the second line is not true. There have been multiple fighting games that have had a great variety of costumes (and it was even a focus of those games to collect them). Virtua Fighter 4 & 5 and Tekken 5 & 6. The only difference is that they weren't monetized back then, because obviously it was hard to do that in the era those games released.

Also, you cannot directly translate drawn art to a video game, it's always going to look different. Because what works in 2D does not necessarily work in 3D. That's evident even with Arc System Works games where the animations in the story modes don't look good.

Street Fighter 5 on the other hand actually does look good animation wise in gameplay and in the cinematic story cutscenes. The characters have emotion, and don't appear stiff and robotic like with Arc System Works games.

We also did get a major overhaul already in Street Fighter, it's called Street Fighter 5.
Not sure we have the same standards because SFV, cut scenes look like moving mannequins to me.
SFV's style is just an iterative progression of SFIV. Same art direction, body proportions, and aesthetic.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:12 PM   #64
craigcliff1
Zot

Here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dress.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	142303  
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:56 PM   #65
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I don't like a single Chun Li PCS has made so I don't mind them continuing to keep trying on her, but that being said this costume doesn't really do anything for me
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:15 AM   #66
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

I dig it. Looking forward for the prototype
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:25 AM   #67
goatchumby
The Herculoids

That concept looks boss! I mean, there definitely is a reason that she has so many DLC costumes to begin with.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:16 AM   #68
ukshaun
Hercules

Congrats to all those that want this.
Fact is, i get tired if Chun-Li getting much of the Street Fighter attention.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:57 AM   #69
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I completely agree.
There is a video on YouTube that shows a life-size Chun-Li statue. It looks spot on. The pose, the portrait, everything. They probably used the game data. It would translate to 1/4 scale with ease. The outfit fully sculpted.

Street Fighter Expo at fukuoka city science museum in Ropponmatsu , Fukuoka of Japan
https://youtu.be/Ekc-Hz1jhFU

10:21 Chun-Li appears
14:20 Chun-Li appears for a second time

LOADING: Image(s)

I would seriously day one purchase this!!!
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #70
dao2
Cyclops

Those hands look stupid big :|
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote