Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #3541
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post
I was going to pick up my pre-order today, but I am going to wait until the game gets some more content. If online is all it has at the moment, I will wait until March or after to pick this up. Shame really.
Yeah, I bought a ps4 just for this one game and I hope it doesnt disappoint as the weeks go by. Im going to get some good time with it when I get home.

Im fine with it being pretty much online only but only if it holds my attention. If I find myself wanting to go back to IV, Third Strike, or GG XRD then I will know to move on.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #3542
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theghostinside View Post
Yeah, I bought a ps4 just for this one game and I hope it doesnt disappoint as the weeks go by. Im going to get some good time with it when I get home.

Im fine with it being pretty much online only but only if it holds my attention. If I find myself wanting to go back to IV, Third Strike, or GG XRD then I will know to move on.
I am really getting tired of companies releasing incomplete games. There is always some excuse as to why they do it. In this case it's for the "competitive players". I am okay at SF, but online just annoys me because people either spam moves or are simply just way better than me. So not much fun getting beaten all the time lol. I guess I will wait for March.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #3543
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I understand. The only reason that I can KIND OF defend it is from a personal stand point. I have played IV online since day one until last week. The main reason I returned was to play more and more on line to get better. I love the story but after its done there isnt much to keep coming back unless you play online.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #3544
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

The price isn't going to drop, guys. And you'll be able to earn fight money now, to use immediately when the Shop is available. Unless you plan to buy all additional content, there's really no reason to wait.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #3545
qz33
Doctor Doom

Regardless of their continuation plans the price for this will drop just might take longer.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #3546
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The long term support this game is going to receive is going to be extremely robust.

Support the franchise that we all love and buy the game.

The initial story mode is intact. It's the type of story mode we've always had in SF games. Pictures and dialogue. So if you loved the old SF games this should be no exception.

The only difference is that they've stated they are working on something more elaborate, and that it'll be Free in June.

Survival is there, training, story/arcade, ranked match. There is plenty to do. And plenty of time to earn Fight Money to buy upcoming characters Free of charge.

There are also story mode costumes to unlock free of charge.

This game is amazingly good, and any fan of the franchise could, would, and should be happy with this offering thus far.

Unless players are looking for reasons to be unhappy.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:05 PM   #3547
qz33
Doctor Doom

I have the CE edition in my house so I'm almost there.

Few entertainment options are more embittering than throwing $80 at game you wished you hadn't.

I loved loved loved MKX and I hadn't played an MK game twice since MK2 when I did pay $80 (yes back then) and wished I hadn't within hours so at least some cautious research and discussion was always in order.

MKX too made promises of things to come yet I haven't been thrilled with the delivered results but it had a more complete package to start.

When IV was about to debut I made my only thread post ever on Supraforums with the title being just the directionals for a hadoken.
I love this all too much to ever want to be anything but happy.

This is just a new and strange way especially for a console game player and a lot of character changes. A lot to take on faith and promises but I'm sure I'm too curious to not give it a spin.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:41 PM   #3548
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Did anyone get the Cammy costume? I'd like to trade my Bison code for that one
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:14 PM   #3549
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Seriously, whenever F.A.N.G gets a statue, color #10 needs to be picked.

Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:46 PM   #3550
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Regardless of their continuation plans the price for this will drop just might take longer.
Well, right of course. But we were talking short term. Some were talking of waiting till March. There may be some short-lived sales of $10-20, up to and around story launch (June), but a permanent price drop isn't likely until end of summer/fall.

I bought the digital download for convenience, laziness, and to prevent disc drive wear-and-tear. I'll pick up the disc way down the line when it's <$20.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote