Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-06-2017, 12:25 AM   #4441
qz33
Rescue

Ok so all the costumes and special stages aren't going to be on the new disc?

So if I buy all the costumes now I won't be wasting my money?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:16 AM   #4442
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Apparently not. It could always change though, considering they also said that there is more unannounced content to be revealed for Arcade Edition.

BTW Jopp, I will reply to your large reply to my previous large post. Just haven't been able to compose it yet.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:36 AM   #4443
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Apparently not. It could always change though, considering they also said that there is more unannounced content to be revealed for Arcade Edition.

BTW Jopp, I will reply to your large reply to my previous large post. Just haven't been able to compose it yet.
No problem my friend. Take your time.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:45 AM   #4444
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

All of the story mode costumes and stages are available. You just have to unlock them. They are Free through Fight Money.

Which there is a tremendous over abundance of, especially with so many New modes coming. Plus the old ones.

I have every single stage they've released, and I've bought every one of them with FM. The only ones I paid for were the CPT stages, and that went to support the pro tour.

Guys, Capcom has provided a method to earn nearly every piece of content, including New characters for Free. All you have to do is.... you guessed it, Play the game.

However, if grinding isn't for you. The season pass is a fantastic option. Open your wallet and pay a few bucks to support our franchise. If we won't, who will?

The season of characters and premium costumes is literally less money than a Movie for two and two popcorns.

Yet you get hours, days, weeks and years of replay out of it.

Aren't we the same people that spend $500.00-$1,000 on Statues lol.

Food for thought:

Instead of thinking 'what aren't I getting', think about the value you are getting.

All of the initial content of the original disk was a $60.00 value

Plus Season 1 & Season 2 character pass were $30.00 a piece iirc. Another $60.00 value.

So basically you're getting for $40.00 what I paid $120.00 for. That's a nice value.

Now keep in mind I had more than enough FM to buy every character in S1 & S2 without spending an extra dime. So spending the extra $60.00 for the passes was purely optional and not a necessity a whatsoever.

End of the day I think it's an awesome purchase. So I'd definitely recommend it.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #4445
qz33
Rescue

Well not to disrupt y'alls debate but I'm realy wanting to get the Sept 26 costumes (Halloween, Beach, and Christmas whenever they become available again.)

I just don't want to shell out for the downloads and then EVERYTHING be on the disc in January which I'd rather wait for if that is the case.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:13 AM   #4446
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I boiled down my prior post to my main points that I will stand by, despite your mostly reasonable position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
The season 1 and 2 characters should be included for everyone at this point.

Charging for characters is a bad idea to begin with (across all fighting games), imo. It segregates the player base, which is exactly what they claim they wanted to avoid with multiple game editions. A hardcore fan will buy/unlock all characters, because it is a necessity to learn matchups. A casual fan won't (as readily), therefore ensuring that they remain casual fans, and won't graduate to more skilled levels. It's not a mindset consistent with growing the FGC, so it's contrary to other decisions and statements they've made.

It makes poor marketing and business sense. A character is a one-time purchase, but afterward, is a gateway to be sold nearly infinite colors and costumes. If the character isn't sold, there will be no follow-up purchases.
Then, if I could reply to a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
My brother, the content isn't being offered to other people for less. It's being offered to you for free as well.

You won't spend an additional cent for this content.
I was never arguing against anything except the S1+2 character DLC situation. I'm not an eventhubs troll claiming Capcom reneged on their promise, regarding multiple versions, etc.

Quote:
As for paying the initial purchase price of the game... that's on you. Early adopters always pay full price. You've had it way longer than a $40.00 player.

This month someone will be able to buy a better, less expensive PS4 than the one I bought years ago. Do I begrudge them? No, I've had the system longer and created many great memories using it. That's the way of things.

And all video games get "complete" goty editions. The difference is this stuff is all New, and everyone gets it completely free!

I could argue that Maps and Guns are core features in FPS games. But they are sold separately or in packs.
I don't mind paying the full price years ago, and getting an arguably 'beta' product, and I'm not making judgements against new users.

Quote:
You don't have to like it, but don't only hold (broke as hell) Capcom's feet to the flame for "nickle and dime practices".

And to be fair, the $40.00 disk version offers a great value of 12 dlc characters. A great value, but doesn't make season pass owners (like myself) feel burned.
I AM making a judgement against Capcom's one decision here, but, also the industry as a whole, as I said. I agree that the $40 disc is a great value for new users, but I don't feel that giving more content to them (without time NOR money spent on the extra DLC) is necessary. The lower entry price-point and full features from the start, should be enough, imo. C'mon - the real reason people would continue to buy subsequent revisions of prior games was because of new characters. Gameplay changes/enhancements are a given, and an afterthought for most gamers.

Quote:
We need knowledgeable guys like you to take a long hard look at what they're offering and how they are offering it and spread the good word. Because the idea is to bring in as many New players to the franchise as possible! Too many people are having this "oh here we go again getting ripped off" knee jerk reaction.
I'm not spreading any ill word for new players...I agree they're getting a great product, and great deal, now.

Quote:
Honestly Capcom's DLC practices kill every other company. Feel free to check comparable content offerings/prices.
My stance is to not really care how Capcom compare to other companies in the current videogame climate.
I'm more inclined to think about how the industry is shipping less content for more money now than in years past. At any rate, I counter by not purchasing DLC until it's been included in 'complete' editions, as you point out. The exception being Street Fighter.

Quote:
Oh, I think we also forgot to mention that EVERY CHARACTER is already FREE with Fight Money! Of which I've already collected over $2,000,000! So it can be done.
It's a nice option, but FREE? Semantics - but something is being spent. I could argue that time is money.

Bigger problem with that however is, Capcom are dictating how you must play the game to unlock content previously free in years past (and as I contend), content vital to the experience of a fighting game (character DLC).

Namely, you must be connected online to earn Fight Money. I don't know what percentage aren't and won't claim a number as fact, but I seem to recall it could be as high as 25% of PS4 owners aren't online.

Then, you must play specific modes - mostly single player, which you may have no interest in, would never play otherwise, and/or won't greatly enhance your knowledge of SFV or it's mechanics. The part that does - winning matches - awards a paltry sum.

The amount of time required to 'earn' enough Fight Money to purchase even a moderate amount of additional content adds up to a part-time or even full-time job. Whether it's the time commitment, or just unappealing modes keeping people away, PSN is amazingly illuminating in this regard. You surely realize you are FAR from the typical gamer? I just checked --- 0.8% of all users have earned the Trophy for 1,000,000 Fight Money. (I'll be earning it within the next week or so.) That's all online users. Add all users NOT connected, and it's even lower.

All DLC released as of June 2017 adds up to 6,095,000 FM, with more released since then. Good luck.

Fight Money sure seems like the definition of a token gesture to me. How can anyone rationally defend the Fight Money implementation as is? Capcom really nailed that on their first try? Really? No adjustments to the ratio of 'time spent/money earned' have been made, and none are necessary?? (I will say this is semi-rhetorical, as I know Arcade Edition is supposedly including alternate means of earning FM. We'll see.)

But as I said - fine. I can live with less content for my money than in years past - with the exception of characters. They're vital. After all, aren't we here because of our love for the characters? Bad prospect for the future of the statue (and other collectible) industry, when some of the objects of our passion are locked behind obtuse paywalls, even after a $60 game has been paid for.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:55 AM   #4447
ukshaun
Hercules

New York Comic Con 2017 - PCS

Has Chun-Li 1/3 ever appeared at a show?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:37 AM   #4448
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Haha when the girls are included I am in.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #4449
Joppula

SFVAE's new Arcade mode is going to feature hundreds of different character endings!

And a monthly ranking system that will score your arcade play throughs in an online and grant special titles to the highest ranking players!

This is a godlike inclusion!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #4450
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
SFVAE's new Arcade mode is going to feature hundreds of different character endings!

And a monthly ranking system that will score your arcade play throughs in an online and grant special titles to the highest ranking players!

This is a godlike inclusion!
Hell Yeah Jop! I’m pretty excited for this!