Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #121
akumakiller
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
You guys should run a poll (like the 1/3 Akuma poll) with a few stance options for the 1/4 Akuma revisit.

Test the waters to see how popular that stance is.

Because while I like the stance, and enjoy its meaning and place in SF history, I don't think it'd be the optimal pose for Akuma in this statue line.

Because he's going to appear squatted and too small compared to everyone else in the line. Especially Sagat (and anyone taller than Sagat).

And the pose seems like extreme action compared to the very slight action on display from the other characters.

Maybe a more neutral pose (think Akuma 1/3) for the revisit, and another Akuma in the Ultra Line?

The heavy action pose seems like it'd fit well with the action pose Vega that was shown. And he could get a rocky (environmental) base to accentuate the pose! Perhaps having the kata somewhat crushing the ground beneath his feet?

You can do things with that pose that would be very difficult to achieve on a plain black base.

But my main concern would be that he'd suffer from Zangief-ism. A 7'0" character that appears shorter than characters that are 5'10".

Thoughts?

Edit: I'd like to acknowledge that this type of creative compact pose did work well for Dhalsim.

But....

I also think that without his smokey fire base he'd also look extremely small compared to the rest of the line (proper scale or not).

Yes, you can put a tape measure on these to find out if the scale is perfect, but that doesn't matter if they look wrong.

Example: No one wants a T-Hawk in his 'Indian Style' sitting pose! Ya feel me (lol)? We all want a towering Indian BEAST! With a dang EAGLE on his arm!

Lol, end rant.
I agree with alot of what you said.

However akuma is not a tall character like gief. gief looks off because he is massive in the game even hunched over and looks tiny next to guile or any other statue. The scale is off.

Sagat is big, perfect size, hes supposed to be towering over ryu and akuma, akuma losing an inch or two by being in a squat a dont think would make too much difference. I think it would look badass!
akumakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #122
SuperJ300
Zot

Akuma is a short ass!! He is only about inch taller than Ryu.

Here is a link for you Joppula to check the characters height.
http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

Having Sagat towering over Akuma will be game accurate!

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:29 PM   #123
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
You guys should run a poll (like the 1/3 Akuma poll) with a few stance options for the 1/4 Akuma revisit.

Test the waters to see how popular that stance is.

Because while I like the stance, and enjoy its meaning and place in SF history, I don't think it'd be the optimal pose for Akuma in this statue line.

Because he's going to appear squatted and too small compared to everyone else in the line. Especially Sagat (and anyone taller than Sagat).

And the pose seems like extreme action compared to the very slight action on display from the other characters.

Maybe a more neutral pose (think Akuma 1/3) for the revisit, and another Akuma in the Ultra Line?

The heavy action pose seems like it'd fit well with the action pose Vega that was shown. And he could get a rocky (environmental) base to accentuate the pose! Perhaps having the kata somewhat crushing the ground beneath his feet?

You can do things with that pose that would be very difficult to achieve on a plain black base.

But my main concern would be that he'd suffer from Zangief-ism. A 7'0" character that appears shorter than characters that are 5'10".

Thoughts?

Edit: I'd like to acknowledge that this type of creative compact pose did work well for Dhalsim.

But....

I also think that without his smokey fire base he'd also look extremely small compared to the rest of the line (proper scale or not).

Yes, you can put a tape measure on these to find out if the scale is perfect, but that doesn't matter if they look wrong.

Example: No one wants a T-Hawk in his 'Indian Style' sitting pose! Ya feel me (lol)? We all want a towering Indian BEAST! With a dang EAGLE on his arm!

Lol, end rant.
Shhhhhhh
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #124
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Shhhhhhh

Lol, I love me some Akuma too. We'll do a few mirror matches when Ultra drops on PS4.

But man, I'm gonna give it to you with Chun lol

J/K
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:29 AM   #125
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Updated first post:

Included details of Oro's versions.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #126
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

Lol, I love me some Akuma too. We'll do a few mirror matches when Ultra drops on PS4.

But man, I'm gonna give it to you with Chun lol

J/K
I'm going to train.

Speaking of trains, I live 9 miles away from Next Level and yet it takes 1hr and 30mins to get there!

But I now live next door to a place called Beast Mode who have done Street Fighter tournaments in the past!
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:04 AM   #127
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Updated first post:

Blanka confirmed to be the next 1:4 PO!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #128
akumakiller
I am da law!

Awesome, anyone have any idea about the pose?
Old 02-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #129
Mollusk
Doh!

Ryu

I'm a PCS newbie, but am amped up about the Battle Damage Ryu I managed to score.

What's the approximated release date of that now? Anyone have accurate insight into that.

I know it was originally slated for Q1 2015, but obviously that's not going to happen with the new head sculpt and all that.
Mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:04 PM   #130
akumakiller
I am da law!

get ready for a long wait fella, these statues nearly always get delayed