Adamantium Plus Member

None of those pieces are MTO.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #492
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I recently found Heroes Collectibles, and their shipping prices are unmatched. That's where the ~$200 savings is coming from. $200 to ship XM pieces to US by air is amazing.

but look at their prices for MTO pieces that have been slashed:

boba fett: $800 to $640
Winter Soldier: $750 to $570
Spider Gwen: $720 to $680
Red Skull: $800 to $680
Carnage: $880 to $710

Looking at the XM price sheet and as far as I can tell these are all under retail now.
Yes and No, XM basically has two retail prices. They have a club buyer program (you become a member once you bought more then 3 statues from them). You can find these prices on their website.

So take Bobba Fett for example. using the money converter they are roughly

Club Retail is $647
Normal Retail is $721

So Heroes is basically selling it for the Club Retail Price. I think the main reason were seeing this is because unlike SS who's willing to warehouse statues for years until they all sell, XM doesn't want to warehouse anything. I think that's one of the main reasons they went with the MTO system. I think that's also why your seeing them drop those statues you mentioned to club retail so they can get them out of their storage... warehouses are not cheap to rent...

As far as XM prices goes what I'm seeing is retailers and 3rd parties not being able to sell XM stuff for premium prices anymore, some of them might be able to get a few naïve buyers who will pay it at first but as you have pointed out the prices rapidly drop back to retail. This is probably true with all companies now that the market is so bloated with statues.

What I have seen with all companies is nothing really sells out fast anymore, that should be a sign these business should be worried about... I think XM is smart with the MTO because they will never have any inventory to warehouse... They just make what customers and retailers pre-order and move on to the next statue... I think companies like SS that warehouse statues for years are taking a risk..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #493
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yes and No, XM basically has two retail prices. They have a club buyer program (you become a member once you bought more then 3 statues from them). You can find these prices on their website.

So take Bobba Fett for example. using the money converter they are roughly

Club Retail is $647
Normal Retail is $721

So Heroes is basically selling it for the Club Retail Price. I think the main reason were seeing this is because unlike SS who's willing to warehouse statues for years until they all sell, XM doesn't want to warehouse anything. I think that's one of the main reasons they went with the MTO system.

As far as XM prices goes all I'm seeing is retailers and 3rd parties not being able to sell XM stuff for premium prices anymore, some of them might be able to get a few naïve buyers who will pay it at first but as you have pointed out the prices rapidly drop back to retail. This is probably true with all companies now that the market is so bloated with statues.
Essentially you are correct Dan, XM is trying to avoid overstock for less popular characters so they went with the MTO system. This is the reason for the discounted prices for the item aa909 has pointed out

For the most part, it is working. All of their current MTO offerings are sold out: Scorpion, Darth Maul, Moon Knight, & Storm. So hopefully we won't be seeing any decline in value for xm statues going forward.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #494
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
$200 is actually average price to ship an xm piece and many xm pieces are actually under $200 to ship direct from Singapore via dhl to the states.

And many of those pieces were not actually MTO they just had a smaller set ES
These are all listed as MTO on XM's website:

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/winter-soldier.aspx

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/carnage.aspx

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/red-skull.aspx

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/spider-gwen.aspx

boba fett is listed as TBA. but if you have newer info please post it.

in any case, your prices historically have always been hundreds of dollars more than the grey market sellers on FB BST groups. Maybe your prices will be better this year, we'll see
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #495
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
None of those pieces are MTO.
These are all listed as MTO on XM's website:

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/winter-soldier.aspx

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/carnage.aspx

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/red-skull.aspx

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/spider-gwen.aspx

boba fett is listed as TBA.

(sorry for the repeat info in my post as above)
Old 10-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #496
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

My bad . I should have clarified that new MTO numbers are even smaller ensuring sales .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #497
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
My bad . I should have clarified that new MTO numbers are even smaller ensuring sales .
how low are the new MTO ES numbers? 100? 150? that's getting down to Custom commissioned "fan art" statue levels LOL!!
Old 10-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #498
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
how low are the new MTO ES numbers? 100? 150? that's getting down to Custom commissioned "fan art" statue levels LOL!!
The lowest was moon knight at 270

Darth maul, Storm and Scorpion are around 400 I believe.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:58 PM   #499
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
The lowest was moon knight at 270

Darth maul, Storm and Scorpion are around 400 I believe.
thanks for confirming. I do recall XM had previously said around 300 for most MTO pieces. I think for a lot of these pieces that's a good number.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #500
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Just to add...keep in mind with the new MTO system...you get to really see just what is most popular in the Singapore region. There is no doubt that Darth Maul for instance has a low ES because SW is not a big license in that region. Since SW was much more limited region wise than Marvel...it reflects in the ES numbers to a degree.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote