Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 08-27-2020, 07:30 AM   #161
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
I don't know of there are plans, but if the line does well it will continue
See this is what I don't understand with these companies....A most wanted/popular character never gets to see the light of day. Storm should have been on the radar from the beginning of the line and already shown.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #162
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I was all in on this line but the paint apps on Cyclops were nothing like the prototype so I'm out unfortunately.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:19 AM   #163
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
I don't know of there are plans, but if the line does well it will continue
Not necessarily. That fact has been proven false by many companies and lines. Producers dont benefit from secondary characters. When they feel they need to do another wolverine for more $$$, this line will end and a new one will form.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #164
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Not necessarily. That fact has been proven false by many companies and lines. Producers dont benefit from secondary characters. When they feel they need to do another wolverine for more $$$, this line will end and a new one will form.
They made about 50 DC animated busts with very few repeat characters. If they got to Mad Hatter and Ra’s al Ghul then I feel like they’ll get to Storm if they are doing well.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:14 PM   #165
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
They made about 50 DC animated busts with very few repeat characters. If they got to Mad Hatter and Ra’s al Ghul then I feel like they’ll get to Storm if they are doing well.
It should never have been the case that they would "get" to Storm eventually. She was the leader of the gold team. How is she not one of the first ones done? How are Sabretooth and Deadpool shown before her? I probably answered my own question a while back when I said they wanted to spread things out a little so that everyone didn't just buy the core team and then walk away when other B level characters were made. Rogue and Gambit should have been up for pre-order long before this. If we don't see them soon, forget about Storm and the line as a whole.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:30 PM   #166
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
It should never have been the case that they would "get" to Storm eventually. She was the leader of the gold team. How is she not one of the first ones done? How are Sabretooth and Deadpool shown before her? I probably answered my own question a while back when I said they wanted to spread things out a little so that everyone didn't just buy the core team and then walk away when other B level characters were made. Rogue and Gambit should have been up for pre-order long before this. If we don't see them soon, forget about Storm and the line as a whole.
I don’t know, I have some faith. They put out Wonder Woman as one of the most recent busts, long after most of the other JLA members, and even after characters like Brainiac and Shazam (which if I remember right came out before he even had a movie). They don’t seem to be going full-hog on A-listers up front.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:46 AM   #167
DSTZach
Distributor

Storm's great. So are Jean and Rogue. There was no Gold Team in the cartoon, so saying she was the Gold Team leader has no bearing in an animated line. Female characters don't sell as well so it makes sense to spread them out.

Gambit was going to be offered in May, but there was ultimately no catalog that month. He or Rogue will be offered soon.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:20 AM   #168
iceprince_x
Deadman

Thanks for the great news of a Storm... hopefully Jubilee too
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:50 AM   #169
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Storm's great. So are Jean and Rogue. There was no Gold Team in the cartoon, so saying she was the Gold Team leader has no bearing in an animated line. Female characters don't sell as well so it makes sense to spread them out.

Gambit was going to be offered in May, but there was ultimately no catalog that month. He or Rogue will be offered soon.
It doesn't matter that there weren't any teams in the cartoon, the point is that she is a MAJOR character. Maybe SOME female characters don't sell well, but the last few Marvel Legends Storm figures were extremely popular. The XM Storm statue is going for huge money right now. People have been clamoring for a Sideshow version for years. In the custom market, she sells out instantly.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:10 AM   #170
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

STORM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Thanks for the great news of a Storm... hopefully Jubilee too
Very excited about the possibility of STORM. Please make it so.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote