Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-29-2023, 07:14 AM   #21
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
From experience, they tend to double that near the release day. Although the release date is quite far so maybe shipping fees will be better...
Oh yeah? Well they better send it with a fancy steak dinner then.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 08:33 AM   #22
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Oh yeah? Well they better send it with a fancy steak dinner then.
Yeah they tend to do that since the pandemic started. It's their "temporary additional surcharge due to the global situation." But hopefully they stop doing that. I feel like they're starting to realize they can't sustain the prices which might be why he's surprisngly affordable.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 09:50 AM   #23
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

P1 are the only company that when you pay for shipping, the figure you paid when you order means nothing as they will charge you more at the end
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:55 AM   #24
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
P1 are the only company that when you pay for shipping, the figure you paid when you order means nothing as they will charge you more at the end
Is it better then when you order a P1 piece via SS to get a better shipping rate ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:58 AM   #25
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Is it better then when you order a P1 piece via SS to get a better shipping rate ?
Well, it's certainly a pickle. Do you order from Prime 1 direct in case Sideshow doesn't get an allotment? But if you pre-order and Sideshow does have an allotment, do you cancel and lose the NRD at Prime 1? Does it matter at that point?
Old 08-29-2023, 12:34 PM   #26
zeheero
Justice League

Why does everyone immediately think this item will go to Sideshow right away? The es size is only 500. P1 might not even do it over there.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 12:43 PM   #27
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
F4F actually does take $ for shipping upfront and will readjust it if the price significantly changes, which it did during COVID. Also have adjusted it downwards too iirc.

I don't remeber P1 taking shipping costs upfront though, do they o_0? If it's an estimate yeah any that provided them have revised them.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 01:00 PM   #28
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
Why does everyone immediately think this item will go to Sideshow right away? The es size is only 500. P1 might not even do it over there.
It might be a decent guess, since they did say that the bonus item is included if you order from Prime 1 or one of their authorized distributors...

But yeah, I'm not going to chance it.
Old 08-29-2023, 01:07 PM   #29
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Depends, last two years or so I've noticed SS charging more than P1 does for economy shipping. And SS also charges tax. So still cheaper to order from P1 if you're in the US (usually). But like people are saying, will SS get it? There are other wholesalers too in the US.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:05 PM   #30
zeheero
Justice League

I don't think people should bother going third party for this item. From the looks of it, the statue looks pretty static and there are no dynamic parts to worry about breaking in transit. Most of the time if I am worry about parts breaking, I would go with Sideshow mainly because I can get a refund right away.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote