Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #41
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptfu
Can't name any issues for sure but I seem to remember times when villians went after Parker because of his association with Spiderman.......... If no one would recognise them what's the point of wearing the mask in the first place? ...

But what I am asking does it not sound impossible to take Peter's face (from Memory mind you, because none of the guys in that escape had a digital camera) and add it to a database in order to track Secret Identities? As far as your question above, I would guess that the most logical reason to wear a mask is so that noone gets a photo of the face publishes it and then take the chance of someone Peter or other heroes DO know seeing it and recognizing them....
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:16 AM   #42
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
I got my Spider-Woman, I got my Spider-Woman, Kill Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch is evil, Spiderman unmasked, I got my Spider-Woman, Daredevil unmasked, Jack of hearts dead, I got my Spider-Woman, Wolverine an Avengers, I got my Spider-Woman. I think the only one not bothered by the direction of the Avengers is me.
I think you forgot something. "I got my Spider-Woman".

That's really great that you got your favorite character finally busted. I have my Rogue bust and I'm happy too.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:22 AM   #43
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

This is true, but I'm also refering to the fact that she is in the Avengers Comic as well. 2005 is looking great for me and Spider-Woman...Boo-Yah.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #44
sculptfu
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Busts
But what I am asking does it not sound impossible to take Peter's face (from Memory mind you, because none of the guys in that escape had a digital camera) and add it to a database in order to track Secret Identities? As far as your question above, I would guess that the most logical reason to wear a mask is so that noone gets a photo of the face publishes it and then take the chance of someone Peter or other heroes DO know seeing it and recognizing them....
Well if you place this scenario in real world context it would probably play out like this. While no one in the prison break had a camera, someone could have gotten a good enough look at his face to sell what they saw to JJJ (someone who hates Spider-man and would gladly pay for the oppertunity to expose his identity). Given a decent police sketch artist, a drawing could be compilied that would at least slightly resemble Parker. Since JJJ is Peter's boss and knows of his years of providing exclusive photos, how hard would it be to put two and two together?
To me that whole scene would have gone down better if after beating the crap out of Spidey one of the prisoners had said "let's get a look at this punk's face before I smash it in" and then as he is about to pull off the mask, Cap's sheild smashes throught the crowd and knocks the hand away. This would establish Cap's respect for Spidey by helping him protect his identity, and by extension his family and friends. Obviously in the real world the first thing someone would try to do in that situation would be to get the mask. By exposing the person under the mask you exploit a weakness. I guess I'm being to reactionary, but I have been a fan of comics for 35+ years, and I hate to see a good thing brought down. I managed a comic store in the late 80s -early ninties and saw what the whole gimmick cover/speculation craze did to the industry first hand. I would just hate to see a similiar defection of long time readers, by giving "popular" writers carte blanc to remake the worlds we care for in their own egos...
sculptfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:30 PM   #45
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I got something to expose to everyone....Oopps wrong Forum again, damn.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:31 PM   #46
SirConor
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH second time I've loled at the same joke Marvelboi HAHAHAHA
SirConor is offline   Reply With Quote