Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Bobby Lashley sucks

Man I have not watched ECW (lite) in a long time, and after seeing Lashley, I am not missing much. I cannot believe this guy is/was the ecw champ!!! He may be able to wrestle but his personality stinks, or rather he does not have one.
He did a shoot about getting his title back..........it was horrible. How can this guy be getting the push that he is????
I do not get it.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
Man I have not watched ECW (lite) in a long time, and after seeing Lashley, I am not missing much. I cannot believe this guy is/was the ecw champ!!! He may be able to wrestle but his personality stinks, or rather he does not have one.
He did a shoot about getting his title back..........it was horrible. How can this guy be getting the push that he is????
I do not get it.
He's getting the Push cause Vince doesnt give a **** about ECW.The truest fact of my statement is when Big Show was WWE champion he didnt gain any money for the company and Vince said that Show would never hold a WWE Championship again,and look what he did He handed the Big Show the title.Also Lashley is a pure carbon copy of Brock Lesnar,He had no mic skill he had no real reaction to things and he was just a big pile of muscle with no skill.I cant wait for this ECW farce to end already.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

very caacaa
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:40 AM   #4
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

This "ECW" is so far removed from what the actual ECW was, it's disgraceful. I can't watch WWE programming anymore because of the chimpanzees they have writing it. The kind of garbage they're putting on is what made me originally change to TNA in the first place. TNA may have its faults, but it is infinitely more watchable than WWE.

And Lashley cannot, in any sense of the word, work. All aspects of what he is in the wrestling business are crap save one. He's a big guy. Unfortunately, being a big guy does not put asses in seats.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #5
rychehitman
Galactus

I agree....Lashley....or "Black Lesnar" as Coca calls him...really isnt too talented on the mic,or in the ring. As Chromey said though...Vince loves the big guys. Given the depleted talent pool in ECW, who else is there to put the strap on? W.W.E.C.W. needs to just go away. I think the fact that they cancelled all upcoming ECW ppvs, and are now featuring talent from all three "brands" on WWE PPV's is a good indication that it just might do that! (Especially once RVD goes to TNA)
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #6
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
I agree....Lashley....or "Black Lesnar" as Coca calls him...really isnt too talented on the mic,or in the ring. As Chromey said though...Vince loves the big guys. Given the depleted talent pool in ECW, who else is there to put the strap on? W.W.E.C.W. needs to just go away. I think the fact that they cancelled all upcoming ECW ppvs, and are now featuring talent from all three "brands" on WWE PPV's is a good indication that it just might do that! (Especially once RVD goes to TNA)
my hopes for ECW died long ago...
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Is RVD really going to TNA? I think that would be a perfect fit for him and his abilities. Always been a fan of RVD
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's has been rumored. His contract came up for renewal and he declined. TNA has a much looser schedule than WWE, so it might be better for some people. We'll find out in late July/early August I guess. I don't think he'll be the only one jumping ship either.

WWE is just trying to protect their stuff with the contract deals. They just don't want anyone pulling a Christian and showing up on WWE one week and TNA the next. ECW is a dead issue now anyway, so those guys need to start making plans one way or the other.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
rychehitman
Galactus

RVD did indeed turn down a contract extension, and an entire new contract offer.

Vince is trying like hell to woo him to stay. Vince wants to offer up the ECW World Title to RVD, but doesnt want to have Lashley do the job. So Vince put the strap on himself, brought Shane into the angle, and is hoping to drop the belt to RVD, and have a Lashley/Shane program run for a month or so.

RVD MAY be given the title BEFORE he re-signs with the Fed.....but that is pretty unlikely. The belt is more than likely being used as bait to get RVD to sign, and then put the strap on him. (Which is WAY too little, too late IMO).

Another little slice of this pie involved RVD 5-Star comic shop being fed a stream of WWE talent for promotional signings. If those start to dry up, or the top guys sign on to drop in, those are bargaining chips Vince has at his disposal as well.

Dream scenario: RVD gets the ECW title without re-signing his contract. Works without a contract for a bit. Defends the ECW title on a WWE PPV on a Sunday, and then appears at the very next TNA television taping with the strap. Lets see him throw it in the garbage, and start a hardcore revolution in TNA!!! RVD matches are so boring anymore. This guy needs 45 - 60 minutes to properly showcase his talents. Me being the wrestling conspiracy theorist that I am ....have you ever wondered why Jerry Lynn has been getting pushed in TNA lately??? Who would RVD love to work a program with more than anyone else? Who did he feel he always had good chemistry and money matches with in ECW? RVD vs. Jerry Lynn in TNA baby!!!! Now THAT is wrestling worth watching!!! RVD vs. Raven would be a good program as well...and RVD vs. Angle is money....and RVD vs. AJ Stlyes...RVD. vs. Christopher Daniels....RVD vs. Samoa Joe!!!

Oh yeah...he is going to TNA! No doubt in my mind!

rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:22 AM   #10
Achiever
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Dream scenario: RVD gets the ECW title without re-signing his contract. Works without a contract for a bit. Defends the ECW title on a WWE PPV on a Sunday, and then appears at the very next TNA television taping with the strap. Lets see him throw it in the garbage, and start a hardcore revolution in TNA!!! RVD matches are so boring anymore. This guy needs 45 - 60 minutes to properly showcase his talents. Me being the wrestling conspiracy theorist that I am ....have you ever wondered why Jerry Lynn has been getting pushed in TNA lately??? Who would RVD love to work a program with more than anyone else? Who did he feel he always had good chemistry and money matches with in ECW? RVD vs. Jerry Lynn in TNA baby!!!! Now THAT is wrestling worth watching!!! RVD vs. Raven would be a good program as well...and RVD vs. Angle is money....and RVD vs. AJ Stlyes...RVD. vs. Christopher Daniels....RVD vs. Samoa Joe!!!

Oh yeah...he is going to TNA! No doubt in my mind!

I agree with EVERYTHING you've just said. That dream scenario RULES!!!!! Well, except the part about Jerry Lynn. Their best matches were years ago (1999-2001). I don't know about trying to rekindle the fire there. I would much rather see RVD work with the new guys in the X Division. Show them a thing or 2 about hardcore. Although, it would bring a nostalgic tear to my eye to see the fans yelling "Whole F'n Show" and "New F'n Show" one more time.

RVD trashing the belt? Talk about burning a bridge. You cross Vince like that and he will bring down armagedon on you. It would be fitting, however. As much as I like Paul Heyman, and ECW is his baby and all, throwing the ECW Championship in the trash would be a metaphor for how Vince restarted what was once a premiere organization and destroyed it's credibility in about a year. The letters ECW don't stand for what they once did. It's more of a joke now than anything.

Oh yeah. Back to topic. Lashley does blow.
Achiever is offline   Reply With Quote