Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

» Spotlight
DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue DGK HMO Megaman X Zero CWallker Queen Studios Thanos Bust Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2020, 03:32 PM   #901
TNovak
Crime Syndicate
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 7,535
David Fisher is doing the paint master for the Quarantine Studios DDIII. There are a lot of great painters but to me David is the absolute best. I had planned to pass on that one as I already have the one previously done pretty well in the same scale but man now I may have to get it especially if it is a substantial improvement.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #902
Wombat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 628
If anyone ordered the new art book the Frazetta Museum hopes to have them in hand by next week. I think Vanguard got them already. I also believe it is sold out and they are considering a second printing.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:19 PM   #903
Wombat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 628
I'm heading to the museum tomorrow. Can't remember if I mentioned this, but my wife is making some items for the museum to sell in their store. We are going to drop off some stuff and visit.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:22 PM   #904
TNovak
Crime Syndicate
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 7,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I'm heading to the museum tomorrow. Can't remember if I mentioned this, but my wife is making some items for the museum to sell in their store. We are going to drop off some stuff and visit.
Say hi from me and Shedman, Is this your first visit or have you seen originals in person before? If it is your first time be prepared to be amazed, no matter how good the quality in books the originals really are something to see.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #905
Wombat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Say hi from me and Shedman, Is this your first visit or have you seen originals in person before? If it is your first time be prepared to be amazed, no matter how good the quality in books the originals really are something to see.
This is our second visit. There was so much to take in the first time I should be able to focus a bit more now.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:45 PM   #906
Wombat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 628
Too tired to crack it open. Looking forward to it tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3061.jpg  
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #907
TNovak
Crime Syndicate
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 7,535
Got mine yesterday. I like it and I love that we have a coffee table book and especially love that they included a bunch of the preliminary art for the iconic paintings but I have to say I think they made a HUGE mistake stretching many of the paintings accross both pages, it totally ruins it.

I think they would have been much better served by determining the largest area they wanted to use for the largest painting (likely catgirl) and making the book that size so it could be on one page. Everything that gets sucked into the binding in the middle is lost and it just doesn't look good across the two pages. Either a larger book (not much as it is only partially on the second page) or printing the paintings smaller to fit on one page would have been preferable IMO.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #908
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Got mine yesterday. I like it and I love that we have a coffee table book and especially love that they included a bunch of the preliminary art for the iconic paintings but I have to say I think they made a HUGE mistake stretching many of the paintings accross both pages, it totally ruins it.

I think they would have been much better served by determining the largest area they wanted to use for the largest painting (likely catgirl) and making the book that size so it could be on one page. Everything that gets sucked into the binding in the middle is lost and it just doesn't look good across the two pages. Either a large book (not much as it is only partially on the second page) or printing the paintings smaller to fit on one page would have been preferable IMO.
This is why I did not order it. Made little sense to me.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:11 AM   #909
TNovak
Crime Syndicate
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 7,535
Quarantine Studios DD3 WIP David Fisher paint up
Attached Thumbnails
54C797F1-E344-445D-8572-FE81EAC8A6AC.jpeg  
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #910
TNovak
Crime Syndicate
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 7,535
Jaguar God by Ken Kidwell to be available as a kit soon
Attached Thumbnails
1B47FDFF-4D39-4E98-A051-A5753BFAFE20.jpg  
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com