Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Scorpion 1:2 Bust Pics In Da House!!!!

Well, this was a pleasant surprise that arrived today. The busts had been held in customs hell for 2 weeks and I had been anxiously awaiting this bad boy to see how shipping was before I preordered the Ermac 18". Now seeing how fast the statue got to me once it was released from customs (3 days), I am going to plunge into the line.

Anyways, enough talk about that. You are all here to see the pics I take it. I think these pics are generally better than my intial Sub-Zero pics, but still not up to par with other picture takers on this forum. But here he is.....Scorpion 1:2 bust...now on to the pics

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
loricstone
Kang

This last picture is without flash and is the best representation of color as opposed to the pics with flash. The next pic is with flash and you should be able to tell the difference.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
loricstone
Kang

This is the pic with flash....I don't know picture takers...you tell me..what is the more accurate look?

I personally love the MK logo on the base....it looks and feels metal...hell maybe it is metal. But I love the color used...it gives it a worn oxidized look to it. The color of the base is kick ass as well. Honestly, this might be my favorite part of the bust. I love the faceplate as well....so detailed.

Without flash!

With flash!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
loricstone
Kang

Look at how detailed that faceplate is....WoW!

Just a final opinion on this bust!

Strengths:Sculptural details! Base! MK Dragon logo and Scorpion insignias. Awesome faceplate. Accurate costume. The actual paint application is very, very neat and precise, and consistent throughout (see In-between)! Very nice skin complexion!

Weaknesses:Non-functioning light up eyes (it works, but it has to be depressed and held for a couple secs a few times). The undergarment of Sub-Zero is a little too bluish-purple and I would prefer it the color of the black on the tabard, and make the black on the tabard a straight deep black. The bust is connectable to the base and as a result, can be swiveled around while connected to the base (but that is only if you are a klutz).

In-between:The paint application.......I love the brushed metal paint app type look on one hand, but then on the other, I wonder if it would look better if you couldn't see dark color undertones (for example, you can see black through some parts of the gold and blue-purple undergarment). I also think it would really pop if the gold was a more stronger vibrant gold...similar to the gold on the 18" Premium Format Scorpion!

Overall though, this is a hell of a bust! I can only imagine how nice that Shao Kahn bust is going to look like with its removable helmet!

If I were rating Scorpion bust on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 8.5.

With that being said, I am going to collect the entire line of 1:2 busts and 18" Premium Format statues. This is a hell of a bust! I would put it on par with many of the Sideshow 1:2 Marvel busts that have been done so far! An impressive first effort, but still room for improvement!

Hey, but guess what! This is Mortal Kombat, and I am extremely elated to finally get these characters in statue form. Thanks much Syco!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
That looks great.. It's a nice start to their 1:2 line

Nice details, and that "brushed metal look" looks really nice too

Only thing that bothers me on this 1 is the white paint app on the eye (the bright color, also how it is painted outside just the main eye area) - if I were to suggest how it could be better, I would say perhaps a bit lighter in contrast, and some light veins (i.e. venom bust or comiquette) would have been awesome! BUT I do understand they did that for the light-up effect to work.. but overall I really like it - well done Syco

Thx for the pics loric
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Those two (the SZ statue and the Scorpion bust) look great displayed together! Congratulations and the pics are fine.
Erihppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
wvg9250
Death is hereditary.

I agree with you on all counts. Dude I'm happy for you
wvg9250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

It looks very nice, but Im still not taken on the Gold. Scorpion should always be more yellow than gold. But I guess thats an argument to be taken up with Ed Boon, and not Syco, as this is a great representation of the New Mortal Kombat.

The line is shaping up, but I think I will comission my own Mortal Kombat 2 ninjas's instead of buying these, as they just don't scream Mortal Kombat to me.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Omg, someone rated this thread as "terrible". Why? lol It's just rediculous.
Erihppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
It looks very nice, but Im still not taken on the Gold. Scorpion should always be more yellow than gold. But I guess thats an argument to be taken up with Ed Boon, and not Syco, as this is a great representation of the New Mortal Kombat.

The line is shaping up, but I think I will comission my own Mortal Kombat 2 ninjas's instead of buying these, as they just don't scream Mortal Kombat to me.
Yeah, not a fan of the gold primary costume...not sure why they changed him up so much. The alternate costume is more yellow and I hope we get a release of it at some point.

From the two of these, I like the Sub piece better and will probably just collect that line.

Thanks for the review!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote