Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #71
Big B
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzrok View Post
Ty for posting as I am awaiting my BBTS order to arrive, I have the croc vs batman and taht is why I bought this! LOOKS SIICK!!
You're welcome. I hope your GL VS Parallax arrives soon. The Bats VS Croc and this will look great together. They will certainly need some room as this is quite a wide statue.

There was some concern expressed about the lack of shading on the resin Parallax part but in hand it looks just fine. There is plenty of detail sculpted there and depending on the light it has almost a chameleon effect. It changes from light to dark in certain areas and allows the detail to show through.

One thing about the packaging that is strange is that nowhere does it have the Classic Confrontations logo. Oh well.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #72
chezzrok
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
You're welcome. I hope your GL VS Parallax arrives soon. The Bats VS Croc and this will look great together. They will certainly need some room as this is quite a wide statue.

There was some concern expressed about the lack of shading on the resin Parallax part but in hand it looks just fine. There is plenty of detail sculpted there and depending on the light it has almost a chameleon effect. It changes from light to dark in certain areas and allows the detail to show through.

One thing about the packaging that is strange is that nowhere does it have the Classic Confrontations logo. Oh well.
Hey thanks again bro for the input/info, 'big ups to ya'!
Can't wait as it looks stunning!
chezzrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #73
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Actually, I was able to dig out the Bat VS Joker for a size comparison. They look in scale to me.
Thanks for that. I'm probably going to pick this up then to display with my other CC dioramas. Looks great BTW.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #74
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Congrats Big B! That is one wondeful piece. If you are big Lantern fan I suggest that you get his first dio. Just be careful on getting this one. There is a crack on some if not all on GL wrist.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #75
Big B

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisenforcer View Post
Congrats Big B! That is one wondeful piece. If you are big Lantern fan I suggest that you get his first dio. Just be careful on getting this one. There is a crack on some if not all on GL wrist.
Thanks. Definitely a Lantern fan. I have the GL VS Sinestro you speak of and yes it has the cracked wrist. I doubt there are any out there without the flaw.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #76
Big B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Thanks for that. I'm probably going to pick this up then to display with my other CC dioramas. Looks great BTW.
No worries. Glad to help out. I'd encourage the purchase. This statue does not disappoint particularly if you have all of the other Classic Confrontation pieces.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #77
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Green Lantern looks sick, but parallax has no detail at all
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #78
Big B

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomatrix99 View Post
Green Lantern looks sick, but parallax has no detail at all
I respectfully disagree about Parallax. If the Parallax part was a typical painted white resin piece all of the sculpted detail would be obvious. However, in this instance they decided to represent the character as one of energy and I think this statue captures that successfully. The photos I took may not show it but rest assured that Parallax has plenty of detail. Also, being cast in yellow resin, lighting really helps this part of the statue shine (no pun intended).

I'd say this is every bit as nice a use of clear resin as any of the DC Dynamics pieces which I also very much like. To each their own though - it's all good.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #79
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Thanks. Definitely a Lantern fan. I have the GL VS Sinestro you speak of and yes it has the cracked wrist. I doubt there are any out there without the flaw.
I know! It sucks that something like this can happen on very nice statue.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #80
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Beautiful Statue Big B

Thanks for the pictures. It turned out great.

I just acquired Superman vs Darkseid. I need to get this one. It'd probably make a great companion piece
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote