Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-29-2017, 07:22 PM   #41
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The only Jurassic Park piece currently sold out form Chronicle is the 1:5 scale male T-rex bust. Everything else that's offered so far is still available. I can clearly see why Chronicle opted to keep the number of this piece as low as possible.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #42
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
The only Jurassic Park piece currently sold out form Chronicle is the 1:5 scale male T-rex bust. Everything else that's offered so far is still available. I can clearly see why Chronicle opted to keep the number of this piece as low as possible.
True that aside from the male bust nothing else has sold out, however if you asked most JP fans what their #1 most desired piece would be, IMO most would say the full body 1:5 Scale Rex
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #43
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Not necessarily. Not everybody can afford this piece so they won't make hundreds of it.
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #44
oddlysober

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Not necessarily. Not everybody can afford this piece so they won't make hundreds of it.
True, but not everyone can afford a 1:1 Terminator endoskeleton either. How many of those did Chronicle produce now? I believe it was more than 50 and they were sold out.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #45
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
True, but not everyone can afford a 1:1 Terminator endoskeleton either. How many of those did Chronicle produce now? I believe it was more than 50 and they were sold out.
im pretty sure that if they do 100, its going to sell out super fast either way. this is the crown jewel of jp collectors...me included.
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #46
Enforcer

heh yeah, this is one of those sell out pieces. Like, 'uh I have no room to say no to this and God help me to beat others to the punch' kind of pieces. I don't know that price is going to matter. This piece is now a go and that's all that matters to collectors. If you hesitate, game over... unless they want 10k or something then maybe you have room to debate buying it :x
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #47
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Will this be essentially the same as the one on display at the Perot Museum? Or is it taken from a different mold?
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #48
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
im pretty sure that if they do 100, its going to sell out super fast either way. this is the crown jewel of jp collectors...me included.
Unfortunately the 50 figure is a factory imposed limitation I guess factories have their own room to turn work away and set limits to what they want to do
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:29 PM   #49
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
Will this be essentially the same as the one on display at the Perot Museum? Or is it taken from a different mold?
Yes basically, but this one will not be posed as far as head turns, or one leg raised up. The one Chronicle is selling will be standing in a static pose, just like the original maquette was when it was produced at the Stan Winston Studios, you can find a lot of picture reference online.

I remember when the male bust went live for preorder and the site crashed ...history may repeat itself, especially with SDCC giving this piece some incredible exposure
Old 06-29-2017, 10:41 PM   #50
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
True, and if I remember correctly that 1:1 endo was $7,000