Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #31
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Did you pre-order the Moonlight Studios 1/4 statue? I am also hoping Prime 1 will get the Nier Automata license. I would love to see A2 getting some love as well.
Yes, I got the 10% off by messaging them. I've been wanting 1/4 or 1/3 of 2B since I played the game. I hope she is here by next Summer and I'll post how she looks.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #32
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yes, I got the 10% off by messaging them. I've been wanting 1/4 or 1/3 of 2B since I played the game. I hope she is here by next Summer and I'll post how she looks.
Cool, I'll most likely end up pre-ordering her as well.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:44 PM   #33
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Very nice!! I don't personally like the pose, but the statue itself looks to have good detail and should come out great

If you are after even more 2b, there are 2 custom figures made by chinese sculpturers on taobao:

1) 61cm tall statue
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...u=t2dmg8j26111

2) 28cm tall (1/6 scale) statue

I ordered the second one 28cm one, the maker said it will start shipping near end of October.
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #34
oddlysober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoex View Post
Very nice!! I don't personally like the pose, but the statue itself looks to have good detail and should come out great

If you are after even more 2b, there are 2 custom figures made by chinese sculpturers on taobao:

1) 61cm tall statue

2) 28cm tall (1/6 scale) statue

I ordered the second one 28cm one, the maker said it will start shipping near end of October.
Do you have previous experience ordering from them before? I'm curious to know what kind of return policy they have in any event an item comes damaged.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:13 AM   #35
Xenoex

Unfortunately I haven't bought from either of those 2 sellers before, but from the 61cm statue seller Helltom's listing details, it says "if product box arrives significantly damaged, please refuse to sign for it" and also "if you discover any quality problems, please take a photo and contact customer service within 3 days of signing for the product". As far as reviews go, he has perfect 5.0 score in all 3 categories (description, service, shipping), and the 2b figure itself has 39 feedbacks, all positive, and 9 people have uploaded photos so you can have an idea of what the actual product looks like.

I'm still on the fence though as from the painted photos it can be seen that most of her large body parts were casted in as few pieces as possible (entire both legs and pelvis can be seen to be 1 piece, exposed back and clothing are casted together, etc), I really don't like that as it looks unrealistic compared to them being casted separately and assembled together.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:27 AM   #36
Xenoex

As for the 28cm figure, I think this seller is selling on behalf of the original producer of the figure, so its hard to judge the quality. His ratings are 4.9 for all 3 categories and has 16000+ feedbacks, so should be ok (but be warned this store is a recasting store). The listing itself does not seem to have any information regarding damaged goods support. I just noticed the preorder for this batch has ended already, so can't buy from this listing anymore until the next batch.

I do have the same figure ordered directly from the original maker, he said he expects the current batch to be finished by end of October, so once I receive it I can post a review with photos for you.

Found a video of it if you want to check it out now:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av21728609/
Old 10-18-2018, 01:02 AM   #37
oddlysober

Thanks for the info Xenoex. It would appear the 61 cm statue do not have any display options and the casting drawbacks you mentioned seems to take away from the aesthetics of the character. If you don't mind sending me the links where more photos of the 61cm statue are posted, that would be great.

I thought the Moonlight Studio interpretation of 2B has too much of a "cheesecake" vibe, but looking at it again, she's starting to grow on me.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:13 AM   #38
Xenoex

No probs. The pics are actually in the listing page, if you look at the listing details just above where the majority of the pics start, click the middle tab that says "累计评论 39". The listing details will then change to feedbacks for the current item. Then click on any of the small thumbnails people have posted to get a large pic, then click on the second option above the larger pic which says "原图", that will blow the picture up to the original size the users uploaded, to give you the maximum detail view available for that picture. I linked 2 pics below, hope it works. She looks huge, maybe 1/3 scale?

Old 10-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #39
Augen
Metal Men

Thanks for sharing Xenoex. She looks great, but have challenges.

1. I don't speak a bit of Mandarian.
2. I am hesitant ordering from China, got burned a few times on eBay ordering from Chinese sellers so cautious with them.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #40
Xenoex

No probs Yes I understand your caution, there are lots of dodgy sellers on eBay from China selling cheap bootlegs with crappy quality. I myself have been very selective when buying on Taobao too, I only purchase after looking through their feedback thoroughly. The process is also more complicated than buying on eBay, as you need to have the items shipped from the seller to a Chinese shipping consolidation company first, then compile a parcel at the consolidation company to send to you. Also, some sellers prefer to ship via "payment on delivery" option so I have had to contact them on Chinese instant messaging system to get the shipping organized correctly.

If you are ever interested in ordering figures from Taobao, it would definitely be very helpful to find a local mandarin speaking friend that has a Taobao account and get them to order it for you.

Automata appears to be very popular in Asia, so I am actually very surprised no modellers have made a flight unit model yet...... I would kill to have one of those for display next to the upcoming Flare 2b figure!