Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #21
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Red face The End of day(s) 1

As the first day of Armageddon 2008 was drawing to a close - the guys and gals from the LCS crew and friends were wondering who was gonna arma-geding-it on LOL

Jarrod was on the lookout for some hot chicks

he found madame mirage but unfortunately she was after Jim Lee too damm it

Jim was giving his end of day interview with the news/doco crew

- sh!t can't i get lucky and get a signature for vessy - NO said the line nazi _"no signature for you" - Juzzy had a few choice words for a female fan while staying polite to the staff as to not ruin his chances for tomorrow - He tried real hard for his good mate Vessie - Good One BB that's the spirit - Juzzy seems to be getting into a few tiffs lately LOL
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #22
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Smile AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE WAYNE NICHOLS

Yes -It was the start of day 2 and we wanted to make sure we started it as we had begun day 1 with a sketch for our main man Scottie
we had lost vessie and despite getting there at 730 am for 9am start we were still 25 deep in the Jim Lee line for a 10am showing (more to be explained later)
so we saw this guy who kept working on sketches when Jim Lee was next to him and we thought that is dedication

his work was good having worked on Dark Horse SW projects as well as an Exiles project for marvel
we gave him the reference stuff and then he quizzed us on the characters history for more insight - and i am sorry to say that Juzzy and I failed at the JoH 20 questions game LOL
but he came up with the goods as you can maybe see
i forgot to take a close up which i will rectify and ask my wife to do tomorrow -sorry

Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #23
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Juzzy and I were in line after getting there at 730am for a 9am opening and a 10am Jim Lee arrival that got pushed back to 1130am
the line was near our LCS stall and our trusty LCS owner was guarding the passage as to let us know of Jim's arrival
Hark i hear the angels sing he's here

thanks Pino

the gr8 one has arrived

not that gr8 one - wrestling ughhh

the gr8 little one we want and sneaked pass us while we were distracted

and thanks Jim Lee for bringing donuts for everyone -what a nice guy but still 1hour and half late and with a 1pm finish before lunch - it did not look good for our intrepid duo

the line nazi was there and on questioning said that we could not leave the line to go to the bathroom - uh oh Juzzy's weak bladder might let him down - No worries opur mate jarrod went and got us drinks that could be mmodified into portable urinals LOL
Old 11-02-2008, 08:00 AM   #24
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

As we waited till 130pm as Jim decided to do some overtime - we got closer and closer to the man himself with people passing by and letting me get a pic of their little pieces of heaven

here is a Deathblow for a cool guy Corey Low

Mark Smithwick got a nice piece for his brother - hey mark did you know my name was dave too LOL

another cool guy named Scott got a tony as Iron Man

what is it with the name scott and coolness LOL

his friend got a nice Grifter

so people were leaving happy - BUT TIME WAS RUNNING OUT ON THE LAST DAY
Old 11-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #25
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Angry THE LOW POINT OF THE CON

it was close to finish for the AM session and it looked like poppa was not gonna bring home the bacon

the lottery tickets were taken out of the line nazis pocket and the line was literally closed at me - that is the person in front of me yes to a sketch and me &juzzy NO SKETCH for you

but news of tickets still in line was given as to rejoin the queue in the same order

i asked if that meant it was gonna be sketches this afternoon as the previous days it was signatures only and the line nazi said be here at 330pm - it was looking bad

but Ed - Jim's PA- came and told us we would get sketches as it was the last day and Jim wanted to make as many people happy as he could

and the world seemed a better place
Old 11-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #26
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

a long awaited pause

After standing in the one place for 5-6 hours minimum
Juzzy and I went and treated ourselves to a nice lunch
Johnny and coke and a LL&B were in order and well appreciated as well as a timely SMS to Vessie
we missed her

CROWN it was in all its glory
no time for texas hold 'em today
Old 11-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #27
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Talking Alex gets to meet Jim Lee

I was keen in line on time to be the first of the rank to get a sketch
he looked in a hurry as he saw the line to get done by 6PM
i was still having doubts about whether to ask for a JoH or a Thor Juzzy gave me the go ahead look and after shaking his hand and getting 4 books signed i thought a thor as my reference material was in use for JoH and off he went

we had a chat about things and i felt like a true fanboy - saying stupid things - he told me he was pre-med at school and his father was also an anaesthesiologist - he wanted Jim to follow suit and do medicine and when he didn't they had some terrible arguments - i did not ask what his father thought of his success

I got a pic with the gr8 man and felt funny about the little bear hug i gave him LOL

a close up of my JL Thor - quick head shot as opposed to a torso sketch - time was short
Old 11-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #28
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Talking Juzzy gets to meet Jim Lee

and next was the big fella the Big Bird - getting two books signed for his friend Vessie as well as you guessed it an Angel sketch/headshot

i did not listen to the conversation the big and little man had as i was still in a trance myself LOL

i did manage to get a couple of pics to share with you guys

first a pic of the Big Bird with the legend that is Jim Lee the greatest artist of our time....of our time LOL

and a close up of Juzzy favourite Xman JL style

and to top it all off we got a pic with an aussie icon who brought Jim Lee down for us aussies the man Colin from Silver K gallery

what a nice guy - he loved we wanted a photo with him LOL
he's bringing out Alex ross in december
Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 AM   #29
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

To two special people

I'd like to thank two guys for what could have been a disaster of a day and ended on a high
First to Jarrod the man
this guy is the manager of my LCS Classic Comics
he is a stand up guy to the point that he has scored an early Xmas present that was shown on these boards - A Chris Stevens masterpiece that was the Wonder Twins
Jarrod had been out the night before drowning his sorrows at not getting madame mirages number- he was drunk as a skunk and reeked of alcohol - he kept us amused with funny lines and joking with passerbies - I was kind enough to point out to him that he needed breath mints and gave him some of my deoderant which he kindly accepted graceously
Jarrod worked diligently despite not assured of a JL sketch despite being so close to the greatest artist of our time... of our time
he even managed to get us some drinks/urinals LOL
Here is Jarrod ongoing chivalry as he defends Padme with a borrowed lightsaber from hordes of fanboys LOL

the second was Gus a fan we met on line who put up with all our bad jokes and played the movie game with us in line as we all held on to our bladders LOL

he got a ripper sketch for his son named Grayson of .. you guessed it Dick Grayson as Robin

Gus and Sketch

close up of sketch
Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 AM   #30
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

A few other spotted JL sketches

this man's dog had passed away and her name was Talia so he got a picture of Ras Al GUls daughter Talia

A father and son scored some nice pieces and Jim Lee allowed a little improvised acting with photos as the boy was 'teaching' Jim Lee how to sketch LOL

they scored a flash for the son

and the dad got a catwoman inside his absolute HUsh nice

I was glad to hear one of Jarrod Friends stood in line for him (what a friend) and got him a Jana for his collection - CONGRATS Jarrod - you deserved it