Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #551
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
In fairness, they pay big money in licensing fees for those characters. So, they have to release those characters to cover their costs and make money. There are no licensing fees on the characters they created. That allows them to take their time releasing those characters.
I guess your right, it's just frustrating, Tom and Anna for a whole year have gave NO UPDATES on the COTD, I invested heavily in the line and now its seems abandoned, not just in statue releases, but also the creator's moving the lore along, almost no interviews or updates about COTD, just makes no sense, I'm still hoping for something in the last few days thats not ANOTHER SCALE of gethsemoni, jeez!!! and even though my comment may come across bad, I'm assuming the hardcore Marvel and DC fans feel the same way, they love the Core characters, but there's so many other cool things they could do, and sideshow seems stuck, I cant imagine these great artist like designing the same character over and over, that's absolutely not how a artist mind works
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:12 PM   #552
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I guess your right, it's just frustrating, Tom and Anna for a whole year have gave NO UPDATES on the COTD, I invested heavily in the line and now its seems abandoned, not just in statue releases, but also the creator's moving the lore along, almost no interviews or updates about COTD, just makes no sense, I'm still hoping for something in the last few days thats not ANOTHER SCALE of gethsemoni, jeez!!! and even though my comment may come across bad, I'm assuming the hardcore Marvel and DC fans feel the same way, they love the Core characters, but there's so many other cool things they could do, and sideshow seems stuck, I cant imagine these great artist like designing the same character over and over, that's absolutely not how a artist mind works
I agree 100% with everything you said. Sideshow is notorious for abandoning lines. As far as I know, the closest they've come to finishing a lineup is in their JL PFs. If you want a Big 7 JL lineup, we're only a Martian Manhunter PF away. Otherwise, there's HUGE holes in every other team Sideshow has released. Here are just some of the teams that were started and are missing characters that I can recall. Off the top of my head: Avengers, Fantastic Four, Defenders, X-MEN, Guardians of the Galaxy, JL, and Teen Titans.

All are missing at least one, or in some cases, multiple core teammates.This doesn't even take into account all the popular villains being ignored by HUGE A list characters like Batman and Spidey. It has become a running joke. Sideshow has no problem taking thousands of your dollars and regurgitating the same characters over and over again.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #553
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hmm... Is COTD really abandoned though? I believe what you mean is you want to see more PFs since they just announced a new 1/6 scale.

COTD has 10 PFs in the Archive as sold-out. Perhaps more as their website is missing a couple so perhaps 12 sold out PFs?

Then in the store there are 11 so there are over 20 PFs for COTD. Over 20 PFs in a line is pretty good, IMO. Haven't seen any company completely finish every character. Got to diversify companies in the collection. Some good horror statues out there that could fit in the COTD theme.

Regarding COTD, they are still offering free shipping and $50 off a couple of them right now which is nice.

Shard and Mortighull have been around for a quite a while

Poxxil and Odium are not on waitlist when I thought they would sell rather quickly.

Having 11 still in the store might have SS on pause, but never know, would be fun to see more COTD during 12 days
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #554
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’m holding out for Malibu Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
They already have one out. Batman is on a surfboard riding a wave and is wearing shorts over his bat suit. :P
Lol!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #555
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The reveal actually this.

Has Unruly Industries sold out of anything?

Perhaps Unruly is just a way for the artists to post their creative side projects just for the fun of it?

Doesn't seem to be for serious collectors and I wouldn't give almost any of these to a kid... perhaps its for people who still go to Hot Topic? Not sure who the target audience is...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #556
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hopefully tomorrow is a real reveal.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #557
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

FJC, yes I see many people on here posting they want the Martian Manhunter and other important characters to those lines, and V4XCollect I agree with all your points and yes I guess the line isn't Dead, but the premium formats have slowed to a crawl, and just like Marvel and DC, the COTD has a few characters that seem very important the original story they laid out, but instead we get 5 different scales of Gethsemoni, I'm sure they dont want too much inventory to pile up, but I think pieces like Odium might have been too high for a unlicensed character, even though I still bought him and like him, but I cancelled Ellianastis and didnt pre order Shieve simply because they give almost no updates on what is going on with the line, I did what you said also, I decided the XM Lady Death was a great piece to join the COTD, it's been a tough year, but it shouldn't stop them from at least giving us a interview about the line moving forward, I think one of the painters said maybe 6 months ago he was working on something cool, but could not say anything else, maybe something will FINALLY be shown soon and i can shut up complaining and maybe the Marvel and DC people will get the missing characters instead of repeats
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #558
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Hopefully tomorrow is a real reveal.
Don't hold you breath.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:15 PM   #559
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That's so true. Ironically, when we ask for a Martian Manhunter or Nightcrawler PF, there are people here that insist sideshow doesn't release those pieces because they won't sell much. The irony is delicious.
Nah, apples to oranges because of the price. The Aztec Wolverine is $130 with 750 pieces. I still think that's too many, but probably a lower risk than most of the PF character suggestions we see. I would not put Martian Manhunter or Nightcrawler on that list, they would be dumb to not do both. Especially Nightcrawler, I can see him having a huge ES like Gambit. If XM and Iron Studios haven't stolen all the Nightcrawler thunder by the time they actually put a design up for PO.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:20 PM   #560
BurningRage
The Maxx

No way Nightcrawler will have a 6000 es.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote