Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
NicoV
Doh!

Lightbulb ComicArtTracker.com

Hello everyone!

I discovered this board recently because someone was talking about a project I'm working on for some time. I thought that I could create a new thread to present it and answer your questions.

ComicArtTracker.com is dedicated to original comic art collectors.

ComicArtTracker gives you instant access to more than 150 comic art artists / dealers / reps / marketplaces and nearly 50 auction houses worldwide (more than 236,000 original art for sale is indexed right now). You could consider it as a Google dedicatd to original comic art, where you can also select some art you're interested in to follow all of them in one single click. Soon you'll also be able to receive daily notifications on new art matching your favorite keywords, be reminded of auctions starting / closing with art you're tracking... and a lot of other features I have in mind. Sky is the limit ;-)

Feel free to discover it, play with it... I hope you will find it as useful as I do!

Feel free to send your comments, ideas, issues... I'm eager to know what you think about ComicArtTracker

Nico
http://ComicArtTracker.com

Note that I'm French so please forgive my English, I know it's far from perfect ;-)
NicoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

this is a great tool. thanks for putting it together! now if you can make it into an app...
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
SONICobra
Batman

i tried it this morning and liked it quite a bit, thanks!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #4
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Great idea – looks pretty good so far. I have been playing around with the beta.

Any idea why some sites don’t load up with thumbnails? Romitaman and Albert aren’t working as an example.

Is there a search results filter? I have a couple fairly large searches that is a bit cumbersome to run on a regular basis in terms of running through all the search results. I assume there isn’t a “most recent updates” sort based on how search results are returned (by source).

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
FredChamberlain
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Great idea – looks pretty good so far. I have been playing around with the beta.

Any idea why some sites don’t load up with thumbnails? Romitaman and Albert aren’t working as an example.

Is there a search results filter? I have a couple fairly large searches that is a bit cumbersome to run on a regular basis in terms of running through all the search results. I assume there isn’t a “most recent updates” sort based on how search results are returned (by source).
I had no issues with it. I scored 3 pages from Hulk 227 this morning.

In all seriousness, thanks for sharing this. Nice to have a site that I might be able to use as a centralized location, in the future.
FredChamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
NicoV
Doh!

Quote:

You'll see the same issue will all websites run by CAF (Moy, Romitama, Felix, Anthony Snyder, Splash Page, ...). For now CAF blocks ComicArtTracker from displaying any image they host (as they pay for the bandwidth), we are discussing to try to find a solution that would suit everybody.

Quote:
I'm despaired ...

That's exactly what the "favorites" feature is for, but for a reason that I don't understand nearly nobody seems to use it. Is it because I don't explain it correctly ?

Anyway: you don't have to do the same searches every day ! Just add your searches as favorite keywords. Every time you want to check for new art matching one of your favorite searches, you can go to the "favorites" page and click on "Check Now". Track the art you like, discard the art you don't care about: the next time the discarded art won't show again.

Three advantages:
1) you don't have to go through the same search results every day
2) if you have - say 10 usual searches - you can launch all of them in one click
3) a new feature should be available soon, to receive a notification email with all new listed art matching one of your favorite searches

The only drawback is that you have to "clean" your results when you start. But I added a "discard" button on top of the page to discard all items displayed so my advise is to discard all items, then check everything and undiscard / track the items you're interested in.

You could also consider added keywords one by one: you add one favorite query, go to the favs page, click on "check now", discard everything that does not suit you, add another keyword, and so on.
NicoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #7
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoV View Post
3) a new feature should be available soon, to receive a notification email with all new listed art matching one of your favorite searches

The only drawback is that you have to "clean" your results when you start. But I added a "discard" button on top of the page to discard all items displayed so my advise is to discard all items, then check everything and undiscard / track the items you're interested in.

You could also consider added keywords one by one: you add one favorite query, go to the favs page, click on "check now", discard everything that does not suit you, add another keyword, and so on.
i was going to ask if this was possible, youre on it my man
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

very cool idea!
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #9
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Awesome site!! Was doing some searching yesterday.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote