Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 12-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Yup my favorite game of all time. Thanks for trying to point me towards spiffy stuff by that's actually my comission
Lucky bastard , it looks great, congrats!
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
dao2
Cyclops

Thanks :P Semi lucky as I of course had to shell out for it ^^ Also unfortunately it broke in 3 places on the way over from France and as I was unable to find someone to fix it in the US I shipped it back to him to fix and again on the return trip it broke once more (only in once place though and was able to fix this one myself). So actually that's some bad luck :/

I do really wish someone would make some SoA statues, I'm likely to comission some more in the future otherwise ^^ I'm glad Shenmue fans are getting a little love though considering they were left in the dark :< SoA's sequel was canned the same :/

Also in case your interested enough I have a few other spiffy SoA custom stuff in my game room and I was actually taking pics of my game room to put up a blog on dtoid and was going to post it here as well under collection corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
The face is accurate to how he looks in the games I would say. I'm fairly confident Ryo was designed to be a sort of flat average looking guy to begin with. That's part of his appeal imo. That and his voice and some of his infamous lines just make him so memorable.
I think it's a bit off as well. Not really in wideness but it's not "long" enough (which would make it a little skinnier). The single pic makes it difficult to tell but imo it should be a big longer.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
MrYac
Hercules

what an odd choice for a statue, but hey maybe this means theres another game coming after all
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
dao2
Cyclops

Heh with what Sega is doing to it maybe another mobile game or social media site game :|
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I really think Sega are sending out feelers for Shenmue 3 by releasing this statue. Hopefully we'll get the date announcements of Shenmue 1 and 2 HD remakes for this year as well.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
dao2
Cyclops

I'm not so sure >< The number of people that would buy a statue is really a drop in the bucket compared to the number of sales they expect from a new game. Also the majority of fans would easily pass when seeing the price rate of statues.

More likely F4F just sees an opportunity to provide something that will sell enough to make them a profit so they are going for it, and maybe if they're not jaded just yet someone who has the power to make decisions on the selection is picking what he would like to be made

Man I don't have enough to do at work today... I'll stop clogging this thread up sorry ;.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #17
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Like the game but no need for a statue of this character. There are so many other SEGA characters that F4F could make.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #18
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Like the game but no need for a statue of this character. There are so many other SEGA characters that F4F could make.
Couldn't disagree more
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I can agree there are many more Sega games I'd like to see (would LOVE a Solo Wing/Blue Dragon from Panzer Dragoon, Joe Musashi, Alex Kidd, Opa-Opa.....you name it, I want it), but Ryo is right up there in my list. Shenmue's still one of my favorite games of all time.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
vashdaman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This is nice to see. If you don't mind, I'll take this opportunity to shamelessly plug this: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=127613

Personally, the sculpt on this statue looks pretty good to me, Ryo always had a pretty round face. Though I've heard a few fans now who feel the face is too "Korean". I guess it's not quite an exact likeness, but I can't wait to see more pics.

I hope to see everyone in this thread on twitter on the 3rd! Maybe our tweetathon is already having a tangible effect...
vashdaman is offline   Reply With Quote