Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-06-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Captain Marvel 2 (2022)

The director of the upcoming Candyman reboot will also direct the Captain Marvel sequel: https://deadline.com/2020/08/captain...or-1202992213/

WandaVision writer Megan McDonnell will write the script: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...writer-1272259

It's apparently a total change of hands from the first Captain Marvel movie.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
Demona
Martian Manhunter

As I didn’t think the first Captain Marvel was all that, I’m happy to see a change. It will give me a chance to see if it’s the acting, writing, or directing I don’t like.

i still don’t like Brie Larson. I don’t think she had the presence Carol Danvers needs to have. I see women with the looks and acting chops such as Betty Gilpin and think of what could have been. But, she could have been directed to be so unfun and not crack a smile.

Great for fans, namely women, who find power in the character. Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel is a great character. I just have never felt the charisma like I do for Gal and Wonder Woman. (That’s the best comparison character/actor for me).

I also hope the deep rumors are true that this movie begins the ties to the XMen by bringing in Rogue.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:47 PM   #3
Mister H
Gen 13

If they replaced Larson with Katheryn Winnick I’d watch it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:06 AM   #4
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
As I didn’t think the first Captain Marvel was all that, I’m happy to see a change. It will give me a chance to see if it’s the acting, writing, or directing I don’t like.

i still don’t like Brie Larson. I don’t think she had the presence Carol Danvers needs to have. I see women with the looks and acting chops such as Betty Gilpin and think of what could have been. But, she could have been directed to be so unfun and not crack a smile.

Great for fans, namely women, who find power in the character. Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel is a great character. I just have never felt the charisma like I do for Gal and Wonder Woman. (That’s the best comparison character/actor for me).

I also hope the deep rumors are true that this movie begins the ties to the XMen by bringing in Rogue.
I think Jenkins just gets Wonder Woman and that's why she's able to pull that out of Gal in her direction.

I think Captain Marvel needs the same thing, because we've seen Larson act, I think she just needs a director that gets Captain Marvel to pull it out of her.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:47 AM   #5
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

They pissed me off too much with the first one. Stupid woke BS.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:57 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

Captain Marvel came across as far too pedestrian, coated in Disney safeness, which amounted to a harmless adventure that made it average at best. Larson came across as detached for most of it.

It was still better than Batman vs Superman, or Justice League. Then again, what movie isn't ;D
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:48 AM   #7
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Captain Marvel came across as far too pedestrian, coated in Disney safeness, which amounted to a harmless adventure that made it average at best. Larson came across as detached for most of it.

It was still better than Batman vs Superman, or Justice League. Then again, what movie isn't ;D
I think her lines in Avengers Endgame show that she can be fun in the role, and less detached. Her snark with rocket and her smile when meeting Peter showed she can be the Carol we know. I just think the Russos know how to get Larson to do it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:00 AM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I think her lines in Avengers Endgame show that she can be fun in the role, and less detached. Her snark with rocket and her smile when meeting Peter showed she can be the Carol we know. I just think the Russos know how to get Larson to do it.
I think Larson can do it. I want to see Captain Marvel 2 happen, and do well
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #9
built2shred
Phoenix

Larson did a horrible job with Captain Marvel, especially when you compare how great Scarlett Johansson & Elizabeth Olsen portrayed their characters...

The Vibe I get from Larson is "Lets get this stupid geek movie over with, so I can get paid"
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:16 AM   #10
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did not see Captain Marvel but I did not think she was all that bad in the small part she played in the 4th Avengers movie, even with that bad wig she was wearing.

Who I think would have made a great Captain Marvel would have been Stephanie March (ADA Alexandra Cabot) from Law and Order SVU.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote