Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-01-2020, 03:05 AM   #191
dao2
Cyclops

HMO if you're seeing this GW finally released a model (really the first we've seen that I know of) of what an interned marine looks like (and yup limbs have been chopped off like I said). Great reference in terms of the additional connections going into his body/black carapace if you are still planning on doing this switch out.

dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:14 AM   #192
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Amazing work by HMO as usual - great!
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:11 AM   #193
Halcyon
New Republic

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
..My overall impressions are that it is AWESOME. In the pics and video I've seen so far (including the one mentioned above) I was worried that the paint was a bit flat in some places but it is actually very well painted... Keep them coming HMO!
Super review Dao !

I look at my statues the same way.
Small details matter and paintjob is very important.

The candle color being so grey-ish and no flames added and all the small skulls on base same shape. Plus the large UM logos, where my biggest concern too.

I looked at all the numerous pics and vids too. Decided not to order due to total cost with shipping.

Statue is awesome, congrats man !
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #194
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Super review Dao !

I look at my statues the same way.
Small details matter and paintjob is very important.

The candle color being so grey-ish and no flames added and all the small skulls on base same shape. Plus the large UM logos, where my biggest concern too.

I looked at all the numerous pics and vids too. Decided not to order due to total cost with shipping.

Statue is awesome, congrats man !
The candle wax looks a lot better in person cause it's a little glossy which doesn't come off well on camera so I dislike it less then I thought however I still would have preferred the side of the steps to be wax free.

Also the shipping was a lot better then I thought. A couple weeks overseas for $230? I am very happy with that price. It is certainly not a cheap piece though so not going for it is understandable. I think it's well worth it though, but these are the statues I've wanted since I discovered this hobby in the first place so I am a bit biased :P But I don't think any other study could have done a better job for the price then HMO did. Also this thing is HUGE, and heavy (box was like 80bs).
Old 05-14-2021, 09:08 AM   #195
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hi - I was going to order Logan Grimnar. Is SecretCompass a legitimate vendor? Do they stand by the stuff they sell out f there is an issue? Is there a reason to buy from them versus BBTS?
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:42 AM   #196
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Hi - I was going to order Logan Grimnar. Is SecretCompass a legitimate vendor? Do they stand by the stuff they sell out f there is an issue? Is there a reason to buy from them versus BBTS?
Haven't ordered from them before but I believe there are members here who have. I haven't heard anything bad about them. I might PO it as well but I typically order through Specfictionshop.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:42 AM   #197
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
ive ordered a few things from SC, shane is a good dude
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #198
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Yes they are legit, they will work with the producing company as much as anyone like BBTS would. Well more than BBTS :P But ultimately HMO has to replace anything broken, SC will just go up to bat for you more than BBTS would, he can't actually provide anything to you himself.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:17 PM   #199
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well, I order the Logan Grimnar from secret compass based on your guy's recommendation...I really hope you guys did not screw me over!
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 12:41 AM   #200
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I really hope you guys did not screw me over!
The only person responsible for how / where you spend your money is you. If things don't work out, you only have yourself (& Secret Compass) to blame unfortunately.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote