Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #691
TheHulk
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rems View Post
i got the Regular WL converted recently... and its on the way too... hope its all intact, so far the 2 cammy i got direct from SS came beautifully without broken pieces, since its all the way from USA to Malaysia... except the Vega Ex... came slanted, and it was too late for me to return to SS... so am finding a way to "unglue" the whole statue and see what i can do with it...
Hey man i had the same issue with my vega and i too was thinking about unglueing him...but all you have to do is blow dry the legs from the thigh down for about 2 minutes then apply pressure from the thighs to which ever side you want your vega slanting more too.. It sounds risky but trust me it works..try to keep it in that position until the legs cool down
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #692
xenofreak
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
I'm buying a Ryu this weekend. I was just wondering if the Ryu had this issue before about broken body parts like ken and Cammy? Cause even our local dealer here said 2 out of 3 thier Cammy are busted
Mine weren't really broken. The leg on the Cammy has a magnet that attaches it to the body and is reinforced with glue. Both Cammy and Ken arrived to me with the legs loose. I suppose it can be glued back on, but I refuse when I spent over $200 for it. I shouldn't have to repair it.
xenofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #693
rems
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
Hey man i had the same issue with my vega and i too was thinking about unglueing him...but all you have to do is blow dry the legs from the thigh down for about 2 minutes then apply pressure from the thighs to which ever side you want your vega slanting more too.. It sounds risky but trust me it works..try to keep it in that position until the legs cool down

Thanx Bro... will def try that... for a while i thot its "bendable" when i noticed tat it bended more over the days.... Thanx bro...
rems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #694
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenofreak View Post
Mine weren't really broken. The leg on the Cammy has a magnet that attaches it to the body and is reinforced with glue. Both Cammy and Ken arrived to me with the legs loose. I suppose it can be glued back on, but I refuse when I spent over $200 for it. I shouldn't have to repair it.
I totally agree, the statues doesn't come in cheap. As a matter of fact its making a hole on my pocket. I think issues like this must catch the attention of the manufacturer or the distributor. To give additional attention to Q.C. it doesn't hurt much to ask someone to overlook stuff knowing it has a previous problem. First one had issue was Vega tilting stance, then 2nd Cammy loose legs. Thus SF line is very limited and not even more than 500 pieces on any character both EX & reg combined. Customer satisfaction must always comes first I'd say. The thing is us sending statues back is not saving them any money its practically making more back-log on their work. rather than addressing the situation from the beginning which is the factory side.

I do hope to see my very first Ryu EX next year. wont be here till end of January.
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #695
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I got the ex yesterday, it's really nice! Thanks, Jerry.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:43 AM   #696
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebohawk View Post
here are some pics of Ken Without the shirt he look awesome sorry for the crappy pics i just suck taking pics
Is it easy to take the shirt off?
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #697
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
Is it easy to take the shirt off?
Christina
You have to take the stitching out of one side of the shirt. If you do it carefully you won't damage it and can sew it back together later.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #698
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Andrew_ View Post
You have to take the stitching out of one side of the shirt. If you do it carefully you won't damage it and can sew it back together later.
hm, I thought someone mentioned that it is possible without doing that with Ken, because it's possible to take his head off. But cannot find the post anymore :/
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote