Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-24-2020, 02:21 PM   #321
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ agreed. Collecting in my 20’s, even ahead of most my peers financially, spending money at sideshow was not on my radar.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #322
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Yeah sure, teens who like instragram are who are buying $1000 dollar statues?!?! Please explain who they are targeting then??? Because not a single young person I know even knows what sideshow collectibles is, if they like Marvel or DC they might have seen a action figure hanging on a Walmart self at best, and Lestat Phoenix, you really think there bringing in "fresh meat" with these presentations? Haha ok sure
Just my opinion my friend, they have events all year that are targeting different crowds SS has been around a long time I'm sure they know what they are doing. have a great day
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #323
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ agreed. Collecting in my 20’s, even ahead of most my peers financially, spending money at sideshow was not on my radar.
Exactly, when I was young I couldn't have afforded this stuff, even if I liked it, and all the goofy instagrams lives are not gonna attract young people or NEW older people, I'm sorry, sideshow would be wise to stop this stuff and focus on the people who actually buy from them, the younger people will grow up and get to a place in there lives where they are collectors, this is just my opinion, but I see almost no comments on sideshows videos anymore on YouTube like I used to, this forum has a pretty good understanding of what the average collector likes I think
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #324
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post
Just my opinion my friend, they have events all year that are targeting different crowds SS has been around a long time I'm sure they know what they are doing. have a great day
No worries, I just think they are hurting themselves, its spooktacular, how about a premium format from Interview with the vampire or queen of the damned with aaliyah?
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #325
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Think I have to agree with Atlantisdawn here. Young kids have very little interest in this stuff. I have tried to give some as presents and if it’s not electronic they have zero interest. Even electronic stuff mostly isn’t very interesting to them. Think the average sideshow buyer is 40-60 in age. There are most definitely others but much much smaller in numbers.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #326
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Yeah sure, teens who like instragram are who are buying $1000 dollar statues?!?! Please explain who they are targeting then??? Because not a single young person I know even knows what sideshow collectibles is, if they like Marvel or DC they might have seen a action figure hanging on a Walmart self at best, and Lestat Phoenix, you really think there bringing in "fresh meat" with these presentations? Haha ok sure
Out of the 2300 items available on their website only 180 are over $1000. And about 1000 are under $100
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:54 PM   #327
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The demographic they're attempting to target is the demographic that whines that a $200 Hot Toy is too expensive, while simultaneously pushing the real customer away and in to the hands of XM and Prime 1.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #328
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I’m not even sure price is a factor as much as younger people just aren’t interested in buying physical statues, much less comic books that are actually printed on paper that feature such characters. The lives of younger people revolve around social media interaction, not buying and collecting things. Millennials and Generation Z are concerned with how many likes they get on Instagram, how many comments they have on Facebook, how many followers they have on Twitter and how many views they have on TikTok. For the most part, the most they’ve been exposed to comic book characters is through the MCU and DCU. Generation X and the baby boomers grew up in an era where physical comic books were a primary source of entertainment and escapism, so we have a nostalgia and affinity for these characters that doesn’t exist for the younger generation. Whether SS likes it or not, their primary customer base is the Gen X’ers and older because we have higher incomes due to longer work experience in the job market.

And yes, SS should be catering to us, not to a demographic that won’t be in the right income bracket for 10 to 15 years.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #329
MechWestern
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The demographic they're attempting to target is the demographic that whines that a $200 Hot Toy is too expensive, while simultaneously pushing the real customer away and in to the hands of XM and Prime 1.
right?!?!?!
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #330
KaraFan

Still holding out hope for a Purple and Yellow/Gold Batgirl Burnside Premium Format Repaint Statue.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote