Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-18-2023, 12:28 PM   #3521
Python
Omega Red

Bobs burgers full re-watch 9/10.

This is just such a nice, innocent, fun show and I love it. As much as I like stuff like Rick and Morty and South Park, Bobs burgers is the perfect show to just lay back in bed and chill out with to unwind after a long day. I'm happy to see a new season is slowly releasing on Disney plus (UK) right as I've finished the rest.

What we do in the shadows (S2 & S3) 8/10

Another great show, consistently entertaining without fail.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 05:25 PM   #3522
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Love Bob's Burgers. Household fave for us.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:08 AM   #3523
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Echo 3 - 8.5/10

A great covert ops rescue story from Mark Boal, writer of The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:08 AM   #3524
Iko Iko
Fantomah

The English (Amazon Prime) 8.5/10 - a beautifully shot 6 episode western. A tad confusing at times but worth the time. Emily Blunt is a treasure and Chaske Spencer is a revelation.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:38 AM   #3525
Wizard
Justice League

The Last of Us - E1. I?ve played each of the two, TLOU games multiple times. Love them both. Excited about the television adaptation. Yet, I felt disengaged watching the first episode.

The production values are top notch. Casting, however, is still a question mark for me - will these versions of Joel and Ellie have the chemistry found in their game counterparts? Some minor issues with the pacing and deviation from the game. The opening minutes are fantastic, but as the episode went along, I couldn?t get past judging it in a negative, emotional manner against the source material.

I?m hoping the future episodes will make me fall in love with this version of Joel and Ellie. This may be one of those shows I?ll have to rewatch the season to truly appreciate.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:26 AM   #3526
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Love Bob's Burgers. Household fave for us.
I'm sure you've seen it already, but the movie is a good watch also. I hope that did well enough financially for more to be made...

EDIT: I just looked it up. The movie was very well received, but sadly flopped financially. That's a shame! Although I don;t remember seeing any advertising at all for it tbh, that probably didn't help...

https://www.cbr.com/bobs-burgers-mov...lop-explained/
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:33 AM   #3527
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
The Last of Us - E1. I?ve played each of the two, TLOU games multiple times. Love them both. Excited about the television adaptation. Yet, I felt disengaged watching the first episode.

The production values are top notch. Casting, however, is still a question mark for me - will these versions of Joel and Ellie have the chemistry found in their game counterparts? Some minor issues with the pacing and deviation from the game. The opening minutes are fantastic, but as the episode went along, I couldn?t get past judging it in a negative, emotional manner against the source material.

I?m hoping the future episodes will make me fall in love with this version of Joel and Ellie. This may be one of those shows I?ll have to rewatch the season to truly appreciate.
I loved Episode 1, but I'm waiting for it to end to judge. The character change so much over the game so looking to see if the show captures that as well.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:25 PM   #3528
MKS
Nightwing

Half way through Shining Vale on STARZ and it is good - both funny and creepy. 4 more episodes to go but so far 7.5/10.

Made it through next 2 episodes and went too dark for us.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:42 AM   #3529
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Just started Chernobyl (2 episodes in). I can't believe I missed this when it came out. 9/10
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 01:07 AM   #3530
SDguy

Re-watched/binged all 4 seasons + miniseries + extras Battlestar Galactica (2003-2009)

still love it. Overall 10/10
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote