Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
AsOneDead
You got red on you

The Dark Knight - Possible Spoilers

"Where do we begin?" I'm pretty much loss for words right now but I'll say this, This film is an epic masterpiece. Not only did it fulfill my expectations but it delivered even more.
It's true, when you're watching this film it doesn't feel like you're watching a comic book movie at all, it feels like you're watching one of the best crime/drama films that is worthy of an academy award. The way it was shot is beautiful, the city looks breathtaking and alive. The script is fantastic with great pacing and some very awesome dialogue.
The score was very good and made the movie that much better. The Joker's theme is very unsettling and has you on the edge of your seat as soon you hear it.
The acting ofcourse was great all around, everyone did a great job even the people with small parts. Christian Bale did very well in portraying a billionaire playboy and also a troubled Batman.
Aaron Eckhart was very good as Harvey Dent and he really felt like the White Knight of the city, which made his turn into Two Face that much more emotional.
Heath Ledger...WOW..There's no words that can really describe how insanely fantastic he was. His portrayal of The Joker is very disturbing and will honestly have you scared. You wouldn't even recognize it was him if you hadn't heard about it, he completely disappears into the role and HE IS The Joker, no question. Which makes his passing that much sadder, to think of what else think young man with all this talent could've accomplished but he will be remembered forever now.
I haven't felt this satisfied and stunned by a film since Return of the King, I walked out with all my expectations filled. This is one of those rare times where just about everything is perfect; The script, the score, the actors, the directing, the story and the pacing. Simply put, it's a masterpiece.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I was watching Ebert & Roeper last night and they did an early review of TDK. I can't remember hearing them gush so much over a movie, especially a "comic book movie." They said it would be a tradegy if Ledger does not get a Supporting Actor nomination and that this movie should be able to shake the comic-book movie predujice and be in the running for Movie of the Year. They think it is the best thus far and will likely not be topped.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I was watching Ebert & Roeper last night and they did an early review of TDK. I can't remember hearing them gush so much over a movie, especially a "comic book movie." They said it would be a tradegy if Ledger does not get a Supporting Actor nomination and that this movie should be able to shake the comic-book movie predujice and be in the running for Movie of the Year. They think it is the best thus far and will likely not be topped.
They sound like a couple of smart guys then. Heath Ledger was just phenomenal and it really feels like an epic crime/drama rather than a comic book movie.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #4
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

SWEET! I'm not gonna ask any questions cuz I don't wanna be spoiled! But i'm glad you liked it!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Well that is certainly very good news to hear from one of our own.
But I will say that many Batman comics have been very good crime/dramas so perhaps this will help people rethink what a comic book movie can be, that they can be anything really.

I thought BB was a miracle.
TDK sounds now like it is the second coming.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Sadly I still have a couple of weeks to wait before I have the opportunity to see this movie.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

I still have 10 days left. It seems like an eternity!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
SWEET! I'm not gonna ask any questions cuz I don't wanna be spoiled! But i'm glad you liked it!
LOVED IT! I was going to talk about some of the scenes that I liked in the movie but I think everyone should see it first before I go that far into it.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Can't wait to see this....

I knew Ledger was gonna knock this one out of the park...

It's just a shame that he'll never be able to follow this up
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #10
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Well that is certainly very good news to hear from one of our own.
But I will say that many Batman comics have been very good crime/dramas so perhaps this will help people rethink what a comic book movie can be, that they can be anything really.

I thought BB was a miracle.
TDK sounds now like it is the second coming.
I know that some people might think that I'm bias towards it but I was very critical with this film, if I got even the slightest inkling that there was something wrong with it then I would've been on it like rabid dog but luckily there was none of that.
The Dark Knight is one of the best sequels and easily surpasses Begins.