Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 12-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #171
rychehitman
Galactus

well......this will probably shock all of you as much as it shocked me....

Quote:
- Former WCW star Jeff "NWO Sting" Farmer is now managing The University of Miami School of Medicine's research program. Farmer is currently working on a study that looks to show how "people's genetic makeup influences their response to physical activity."

Not only did he portray the fake Sting on WCW TV...this guy kept the act up for quite some time and was huge in Japan for awhile!

Who would have thought he wasn't just an average muscle head!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #172
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
- Kevin Nash said on Twitter that he recently filmed a part for Marvel's upcoming Thor movie in Los Angeles, as the character Odin, Thor's father. Nash seems to be incorrect on the movie as IMDB reports that Odin is being played by Academy Award winning actor Anthony Hopkins in Marvel's release.

However, DreadCentral.com reports that Nash will play Odin in a mock of the Thor movie being put out by The Asylum. The "mockbuster" will be called Almighty Thor and will be released on DVD April 26th, ten days before Marvel's Thor comes out in theaters.
www.lordsofpain.com reporters aren't too bright, are they, lol!

Still...what is this direct to DVD Thor thing all about??
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #173
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
well......this will probably shock all of you as much as it shocked me....

Not only did he portray the fake Sting on WCW TV...this guy kept the act up for quite some time and was huge in Japan for awhile!

Who would have thought he wasn't just an average muscle head!

What's funny is when this guy went back to japan he was big over there. He eventually dropped the sting gimmick and went on using another name. I think he even won a single title over there.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #174
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

since i was off and there was too much snow outside, i watch some old wrestling tapes and dvds.

Damn I miss original ECW. not that BS Vince made when he got the rights to use the name.

Also saw the Benoit DVD Hard Knocks.all and all with everything said about him,he was one hell of a wrestler.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #175
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
since i was off and there was too much snow outside, i watch some old wrestling tapes and dvds.

Damn I miss original ECW. not that BS Vince made when he got the rights to use the name.

Also saw the Benoit DVD Hard Knocks.all and all with everything said about him,he was one hell of a wrestler.
Me as well...watched a great dvd...the Monday Night War...Raw vs Nitro...it really shed some light on the battle between McMahon n Bischoff back in the day and the low blows that Bischoff used to do to try to cutthroat Vince...oh how great it must have felt when Vince bought WCW...I did think that the DX segment when they rushed Nitro with the jeep tank was pretty damn hilarious though...
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #176
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
Me as well...watched a great dvd...the Monday Night War...Raw vs Nitro...it really shed some light on the battle between McMahon n Bischoff back in the day and the low blows that Bischoff used to do to try to cutthroat Vince...oh how great it must have felt when Vince bought WCW...I did think that the DX segment when they rushed Nitro with the jeep tank was pretty damn hilarious though...
DX Antics were always hysterical.

the whole Sgt Slaughter and them wearing the face shields with the window wiper on it still makes me laugh>