Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 10-30-2017, 06:20 PM   #111
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
I think the reg is just a much better value, cause the KOD is same pose with just light up ball and eyes, him holding goku is so much better and for the price of the energy ball you could use that money to just buy the MRC/Yume one and that one has the energy ball, with better base
Not how I see it.

It's an epic scene for sure...But I want stand alone pieces for 1/4th scale..and the KOD is perfect!

But whatever version ppl get..i think they won't be dissapointed
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:52 PM   #112
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

i liked both with goku and energy ball. plus they offer 12 month plan so i just had to go for kod ver. it will be so holy next to my xm hulkbuster i cant wait!!
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #113
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This statue is just gorgeous! I think it says a lot that for the price it is, it just feels worth it even though it's 'just' 1:4 and and it's not super intricate due to the anime look.

The piece oozes presence, I love the energy ball light-up version and the engineering of the arm holding Goku is brilliant.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:39 PM   #114
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
This statue is just gorgeous! I think it says a lot that for the price it is, it just feels worth it even though it's 'just' 1:4 and and it's not super intricate due to the anime look.

The piece oozes presence, I love the energy ball light-up version and the engineering of the arm holding Goku is brilliant.
It's 1/4, yes, but actually it's the height of a P1 1/3 such as Harley Quinn, and that's with a much smaller base for Broly.
Plus you are getting literally an extra full 1/4 piece in the box with Goku.

That's good value, the price is justified imo, especially with Tsume's quality and QC, but for the light up version, it gets really expensive for sure.
A good option would have been to offer both separately at the same price. This way people could really be free to pick their favorite without having to spend 400 extra if it's the KoD. Then they just produce whatever number they sold of each version.
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:21 AM   #115
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwN View Post
It's 1/4, yes, but actually it's the height of a P1 1/3 such as Harley Quinn, and that's with a much smaller base for Broly.
Plus you are getting literally an extra full 1/4 piece in the box with Goku.

That's good value, the price is justified imo, especially with Tsume's quality and QC, but for the light up version, it gets really expensive for sure.
A good option would have been to offer both separately at the same price. This way people could really be free to pick their favorite without having to spend 400 extra if it's the KoD. Then they just produce whatever number they sold of each version.

IMO Tsume is a bit overhyped. Got 6 HQS from them the last 1 1/2 - 2 years, two of them was Zoro and Usopp for which I had to pay much more than retail. I've sold them again a few month later after I've bought them cause for this price tag I had to pay they are really not worth IMO, for retail they are OK. To be fair Zoro was the first OP Piece from them. The other pieces even rised in retail much more but the quality changed too (It's gotten better). The pieces are all beautifull but also they don't look like the proto or they make changes which no one really can understand. I am really picky now with Tsume pieces. I have just Ace in preorder now and will maybe buy Luffy and Sabo if they'll reveal it in 3423432 years.

In the Broly case I really can't understand the big price tag, it's Euro not $. EVEN if it's about the height of an 1/3 scale and it's big and VERY accurate I can't understand. Goku can't be massive at all if Broly just holds him with a magnet, he must be hollow and if I claim Broly is not hollow it's still about 1160 USD! Even if P1 is expensive too I'll pay about 1000 USD (or 950 for REG) for a Berserker Armor Guts which is also the height of an 1/3, more details, massive base etc.. It's just my two cents, don't understand me wrong. THe pieces are beautifull in hand although they'll make changes etc. but IMO they prices NOW are just not justified but I let me gladly convice that I'm wrong if Broly arrives at the customer, maybe it's worth. Edit: THe 1400 Euro price tag (1630 USD!!!! lol) I forget about now, cause common. A lighting ball and torso for almost the price of a new statue? Okayyyyyy ^^.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:31 AM   #116
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
IMO Tsume is a bit overhyped. Got 6 HQS from them the last 1 1/2 - 2 years, two of them was Zoro and Usopp for which I had to pay much more than retail. I've sold them again a few month later after I've bought them cause for this price tag I had to pay they are really not worth IMO, for retail they are OK. To be fair Zoro was the first OP Piece from them. The other pieces even rised in retail much more but the quality changed too (It's gotten better). The pieces are all beautifull but also they don't look like the proto or they make changes which no one really can understand. I am really picky now with Tsume pieces. I have just Ace in preorder now and will maybe buy Luffy and Sabo if they'll reveal it in 3423432 years.

In the Broly case I really can't understand the big price tag, it's Euro not $. EVEN if it's about the height of an 1/3 scale and it's big and VERY accurate I can't understand. Goku can't be massive at all if Broly just holds him with a magnet, he must be hollow and if I claim Broly is not hollow it's still about 1160 USD! Even if P1 is expensive too I'll pay about 1000 USD (or 950 for REG) for a Berserker Armor Guts which is also the height of an 1/3, more details, massive base etc.. It's just my two cents, don't understand me wrong. THe pieces are beautifull in hand although they'll make changes etc. but IMO they prices NOW are just not justified but I let me gladly convice that I'm wrong if Broly arrives at the customer, maybe it's worth.
Yeah don't get me wrong either, I'm not a Tsume fanboy by any means considering I only have the Vegeta on pre-order and won't buy anything else from them until they release some sort of Gohan or Goku in SSJ-something.
Sure, the aftermarket prices can be crazy with their pieces, but that's not their fault.

I think the overhype you are seeing is simply due to the fact that they are the only big name in the licensed anime statue game. Even if P1 is starting their line as well with Evangelion and Berserk, these aren't nearly as popular as Tsume's licenses, especially DBZ.

All I'm saying is, the price on Broly is coherent with current market prices. Look at the price for the new Thanos PF for example.
And sure I realize Broly has far less detail, but that's not how things work in the statue world, prices are based on a lot of factors and level of details is just a small one. Main factor is size.
Also, even if Goku is super light, that's STILL the size of a full Goku 1/4 (otherwise he would be too small for the piece, plain and simple). So that's another entire character to design, sculpt, produce, paint...
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:50 AM   #117
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Yeah don't get me wrong either, I'm not a Tsume fanboy by any means considering I only have the Vegeta on pre-order and won't buy anything else from them until they release some sort of Gohan or Goku in SSJ-something.
Sure, the aftermarket prices can be crazy with their pieces, but that's not their fault.

I think the overhype you are seeing is simply due to the fact that they are the only big name in the licensed anime statue game. Even if P1 is starting their line as well with Evangelion and Berserk, these aren't nearly as popular as Tsume's licenses, especially DBZ.

All I'm saying is, the price on Broly is coherent with current market prices. Look at the price for the new Thanos PF for example.
And sure I realize Broly has far less detail, but that's not how things work in the statue world, prices are based on a lot of factors and level of details is just a small one. Main factor is size.
Also, even if Goku is super light, that's STILL the size of a full Goku 1/4 (otherwise he would be too small for the piece, plain and simple). So that's another entire character to design, sculpt, produce, paint...

Yeah of course, you are totally right. Tsume had the luck to have the OP, Naruto and DB licence which are about the most popular Animes. It's a little bit like at F4F and their Zelda licence they don't have the competition for it so they can take "whatever they want". And of course I know how the statue world works nowadays that's why I said it's not worth for me the price if I'll compare with other pieces in the past or which are the same size etc but cheaper. Maybe these pieces will also rise in price which is quiet possible but then I really have to think about collecting anymore. Cause for me I don't pay 1k Euro plus for a hollow resin statue (Just in general cause many are hollow). I can get a little used car for this price lol.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:13 PM   #118
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
In the Broly case I really can't understand the big price tag, it's Euro not $. EVEN if it's about the height of an 1/3 scale and it's big and VERY accurate I can't understand. Goku can't be massive at all if Broly just holds him with a magnet, he must be hollow and if I claim Broly is not hollow it's still about 1160 USD! Even if P1 is expensive too I'll pay about 1000 USD (or 950 for REG) for a Berserker Armor Guts which is also the height of an 1/3, more details, massive base etc.. It's just my two cents, don't understand me wrong. THe pieces are beautifull in hand although they'll make changes etc. but IMO they prices NOW are just not justified but I let me gladly convice that I'm wrong if Broly arrives at the customer, maybe it's worth. Edit: THe 1400 Euro price tag (1630 USD!!!! lol) I forget about now, cause common. A lighting ball and torso for almost the price of a new statue? Okayyyyyy ^^.
They said in the live video that the engineering was a nightmare and they had to put a metal bar all the way from his torso through the length of his arm so that it could hold Goku.

That's also why the KOD version is another full torso. It's not just a switch-out 'hand'.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #119
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
They said in the live video that the engineering was a nightmare and they had to put a metal bar all the way from his torso through the length of his arm so that it could hold Goku.

That's also why the KOD version is another full torso. It's not just a switch-out 'hand'.

I never said just switch out hand, I know it is a torso. So Goku himself is hold by this metal bar also or does the bar just help the arm not to break and Goku is hold by a magnet? If first then he could be also be massive.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #120
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
won't buy anything else from them until they release some sort of Gohan or Goku in SSJ-something.

I hope for a SSJ Goku too, I do not know the pose, maybe if they can make an awesome kameha fireball effect. But not sure that would be possible.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote