Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-13-2018, 03:34 AM   #21
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

It’s definitely a nice paint job, will be interesting to see if they hit that standard for all 100 statues when normally they’re only used to produces a few examples of a piece.
You’re definitely paying for the fact that it’s made by the same studio that did the effects for the film, it’s just whether or not that’s worth circa $4k to you.
I disagree about Chinese companies though, some of them put out stuff that is the equal quality wise of anything out there, including custom pieces (unless you’re talking specifically a 1:3 dog alien maquette then there’s only a couple to compare with)
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #22
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm not into this market, but it would be interesting to see one next to a P1 Alien piece once they're released to compare as P1 does some impressive work even with the high ES.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #23
qz33
Rescue

I wish they were doing a cheapo Chinese version just to see the differences for evaluation.

Let's see some in hand pics of delivered pieces before we start heaping praise.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #24
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

What you see in the pictures from ADI is what you will "actually" receive, 100%. All of the maquettes that they will sell will be of the same quality.This isn't mass production.These are individually hand built by some of the FX industries best PFX artists!

Yuri Everson and Gino Acevedo did most of the original paintwork on A3 and Yuri is painting these. He is known for his incredible attention to detail! He's also ADI's shop supervisor and has his own collection of aquatic life pieces that he produces himself.Just check out his stunning work here at http://www.h2originals.com/

Even though each one is done by hand, any differences from one to the other will be so very minute.

The 100 pieces is the max that they will produce,not how many they will make in advance and then sell as orders come in.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #25
SteveL.

Here is another video up on Tom Woodruff Jr.'s instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQSdWRnt7y/
Old 11-18-2018, 11:34 PM   #26
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
What you see in the pictures from ADI is what you will "actually" receive, 100%. All of the maquettes that they will sell will be of the same quality.This isn't mass production.These are individually hand built by some of the FX industries best PFX artists!

Yuri Everson and Gino Acevedo did most of the original paintwork on A3 and Yuri is painting these. He is known for his incredible attention to detail! He's also ADI's shop supervisor and has his own collection of aquatic life pieces that he produces himself.Just check out his stunning work here at http://www.h2originals.com/

Even though each one is done by hand, any differences from one to the other will be so very minute.

The 100 pieces is the max that they will produce,not how many they will make in advance and then sell as orders come in.
I'm not saying that won't be the case but 100 is still a mass production so I'll evaluate the pudding when it's ready.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:27 PM   #27
SteveL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I'm not saying that won't be the case but 100 is still a mass production so I'll evaluate the pudding when it's ready.
I'm not exactly sure what you are basing that on.

ADI's Artisan pieces are not being mass produced,even if they made 100 pieces.That term does not apply to ADI's Artisan pieces.There is no automation or assembly line process involved with these.Each of these pieces are individually made to order by their respective artists, in a studio. These aren't being made in huge quantities just for the sake of lowering the resulting production costs to manufacture a single piece.

Besides that,the original molds would never be able to handle those quantities.This isn't a factory manufacturing process.

Most replica company pieces, however, do fall under that terminology.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #28
SteveL.

Some must have been really good this year!

Old 02-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #29
SteveL.

More dogs in the house!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt7IORwgRhG/
Old 03-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #30
SteveL.

ALIEN3 eggs up for sale at studioADI.

https://studioadi.bigcartel.com/product/alien3-egg