Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #1011
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Ok...so I took some pics of XM heads from various characters...and only one pic of SS head. I only own two SS statues currently Pinhead PF and Queen of the Dead PF.

I don't know about anyone else, but from what I see, I think the unmasked head is slightly bigger than the masked head.

IMO, the masked head could been a little bigger. IN fact, the Hawkeye head either looks too big or is perfect and DD masked head is too small...but whatever the case, something's got to give.

OR

Maybe we all are looking at things too hard and with too much of a fine microscope. Clearly, IMO, the Hulk head is the biggest of the four (which should be the case seeing he is the biggest...followed by Thanos, Hawkeye, then DD. Honestly, I think we look to hard to try and find flaws instead of appreciating what is there. In terms of proportion....I think the Hawkeye is smack dab on perfect quite honestly (feet, legs, head, hands, etc.). As phenomenal as I think DD is (best DD by far IMO), the masked head could stand to be a a little bigger.

Interestingly, the Pinhead 1/4 isn't too different from the others. Its a little bigger than DD and about the same size as Hawkeye. Soooo, which one is right? wrong? Could it be Pinhead's head is too big? Just right? Too small even?

What I find interesting is....Black Bolt's head is smaller than DD, but I haven't heard any mention of his head being small? Why is that? Perception? Familiarity of character? Who's right? Who's wrong?

I can tell you this...DD, Black Bolt, Hulk, Hawkeye, Pinhead are all breathtaking statues IMO, and they are all perfect for WHAT THEY ARE. I'm not going to go over analytical and breakdown toe or finger sizes when these are statues, and as long as its roughly the same, I'm all good. I can get super technical and break down any statue and show and reveal all it's flaws if I choose...but I don't. If you only focus on the flaws...how can we appreciate what's done well. That is why I like some people's reviews (video) who cover both positive and negative or rather aspects of a statue they would like to see changed.

Interesting to hear Black Bolt's head is smaller than Daredevil's as I think Black Bolts proportions look fine, but I have only set it up once. As you say photo's can be deceptive and everyone has different opinions which I fully respect and what makes the hobby interesting.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #1012
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not even a fan of the character, but this looks excellent to me! If I had easy access to one, I'd likely buy it...

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #1013
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I was talking about the masked head.
My bad bro...I guess I heard one thing and was thinking something else. Anytime I hear about head I get a little happy.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #1014
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Ok...so I took some pics of XM heads from various characters...and only one pic of SS head. I only own two SS statues currently Pinhead PF and Queen of the Dead PF.

I don't know about anyone else, but from what I see, I think the unmasked head is slightly bigger than the masked head.

IMO, the masked head could been a little bigger. IN fact, the Hawkeye head either looks too big or is perfect and DD masked head is too small...but whatever the case, something's got to give.

OR

Maybe we all are looking at things too hard and with too much of a fine microscope. Clearly, IMO, the Hulk head is the biggest of the four (which should be the case seeing he is the biggest...followed by Thanos, Hawkeye, then DD. Honestly, I think we look to hard to try and find flaws instead of appreciating what is there. In terms of proportion....I think the Hawkeye is smack dab on perfect quite honestly (feet, legs, head, hands, etc.). As phenomenal as I think DD is (best DD by far IMO), the masked head could stand to be a a little bigger.

Interestingly, the Pinhead 1/4 isn't too different from the others. Its a little bigger than DD and about the same size as Hawkeye. Soooo, which one is right? wrong? Could it be Pinhead's head is too big? Just right? Too small even?

What I find interesting is....Black Bolt's head is smaller than DD, but I haven't heard any mention of his head being small? Why is that? Perception? Familiarity of character? Who's right? Who's wrong?

I can tell you this...DD, Black Bolt, Hulk, Hawkeye, Pinhead are all breathtaking statues IMO, and they are all perfect for WHAT THEY ARE. I'm not going to go over analytical and breakdown toe or finger sizes when these are statues, and as long as its roughly the same, I'm all good. I can get super technical and break down any statue and show and reveal all it's flaws if I choose...but I don't. If you only focus on the flaws...how can we appreciate what's done well. That is why I like some people's reviews (video) who cover both positive and negative or rather aspects of a statue they would like to see changed.

That head is so small. Only reason I didn't want a pinhead was he was too small in scale next to the other ss horror. It just didn't feel good to men with him being so small. The daredevil head looks so small in these pics. Hmmmm
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #1015
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

Just not my thing, although my only real experience with him is the Affleck movie which clearly isn't a good basis for judgment. This is a piece of art however..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #1016
SONICobra
Batman

just messin bro, not everythings for everyone however DD wasn't even on my radar until I picked up the run of smith / bendis / brubaker now hes in my top 3 favorite characters. so if youre into comics I would recommend checking those out, also the miller stuff is great as well
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:47 PM   #1017
Redpower
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

such a good caracter this guy!!!! Like it
Beautiful statue
Redpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #1018
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

You'll see what you want to see. From all the pics and videos readily available DD's head is proportion to the rest of its body.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #1019
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpower View Post
such a good caracter this guy!!!! Like it
Beautiful statue

It absolutely is.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #1020
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not even a fan of the character, but this looks excellent to me! If I had easy access to one, I'd likely buy it...
I totally recommend it.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote