Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #511
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
You're offended. So what? Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

This unmasked head is horrible, looks psychotic, and is God awful.
But things like that are not helpful, just useless. Explain your opinion in an constructive feedback.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #512
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
But things like that are not helpful, just useless. Explain your opinion in an constructive feedback.
That unmasked head is crap
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #513
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Here it is, quoted, served and packaged with fresh mint and lemon sauce:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
As I said on their Facebook, two options here imho:

-either go with the full psycho attitude and make it battle damaged and battered, since it fits when DD goes berserk. It would fit better if he had part of his ruined mask still covering his face tho.

-tweak it a bit to make him look more confident and less psycothic, possibly adding red shades, even if I can't figure a single scenario where he would be fully dressed in his costume, ready to fight, while being unmasked and with glasses on
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #514
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
XM should find a way to make this less horrible, so he doesn't look psychotic, and not God awful.

If this really is the second head that ships, and I'm lucky enough to get one, I'll make my own red bandanna to cover his face up. Ala Netflix show.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:36 PM   #515
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
That unmasked head is crap
Some must be useless, someone else can stand out.

Quote:
Here it is, quoted, served and packaged with fresh mint and lemon sauce:
I just spoke general, but yes if you have a negative opinion just explain it. Turn it into positive.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #516
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Sorry but, you can't deem everything "offensive" just because you don't agree with. Harsh? Maybe, but no one is prevented from being (reasonably) harsh. I reserve the same judgements to all companies around.
I said it looks psychotic, I stand by that. That's the expression I'd expect from the Joker, surely not Devil.

As someone already pointed out, if switch outs are going to be added, make them worth. Right now it looks more like a forgettable extra.
Three words that I quoted as offensive hardly qualifies as everything and it has nothing to do with whether I agree with the comment or not. I stand by my comment that those comments were harsh AND offensive.

I don't know what you do for a living, but what if someone said your job/work was horrible and god awful? Are you telling me you wouldn't be offended? I see a lot of people on this board say they are paying "good money" for a statue as an excuse for their self entitled, harsh (at least that is the way they come across to me) comments.

The point I am trying to get across to everyone is to take a minute or two before putting fingers to the keyboard to think about what you want to say and to word it in a more constructive and respectful way. As you say, XM (and most other statue companies) welcomes comments and critiques of their products, but it is also important how those comments and critiques come across.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #517
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
LOL @ being offended.

You're offended. So what? Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

This unmasked head is horrible, looks psychotic, and is God awful.
Being offended has nothing to do with whether someone is right or wrong. Your post is an excellent example of the rude, self entitled behavior I refer to in my previous post.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #518
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Personally I don't think it needs a COH. We always give out when our superheros don't wear their masks in the movie so why would we want to see a Matt Murdock portrait?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #519
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ski View Post
I don't know what you do for a living, but what if someone said your job/work was horrible and god awful? Are you telling me you wouldn't be offended? I see a lot of people on this board say they are paying "good money" for a statue as an excuse for their self entitled, harsh (at least that is the way they come across to me) comments.
If I do a poor job, I get smacked on the head (figuratively speaking) and rightfully so.
If you think that something being called "psychotic" or "god awful" or "horrible" is offensive, you must really hate the outside world.
If people said "the guy who sculpted this head works like s--t", then I'd agree it's personal and offensive. Saying that the end result is horrible is not being offensive, it's expressing how one feels.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #520
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Personally I don't think it needs a COH. We always give out when our superheros don't wear their masks in the movie so why would we want to see a Matt Murdock portrait?
I agree.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote