Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-23-2019, 02:11 PM   #3181
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I've sold like 10+ statues and I've never gotten back what I paid for any of them.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:24 PM   #3182
chronos1919
Nightwing

I've sold at least 10. Probably closer to 20. I highly doubt I broke even, especially with the cost of shipping.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:45 PM   #3183
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I've sold like 10+ statues and I've never gotten back what I paid for any of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I have him to and love it...............that being said it probably be worth half as much in a 1-2 years cause 20 other versions will have come out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I've sold at least 10. Probably closer to 20. I highly doubt I broke even, especially with the cost of shipping.
Yep, sounds right.

‘nuff said
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #3184
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
Yep, sounds right.

‘nuff said
Exactly. These aren't a financial investment. 'nuff said.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #3185
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Exactly. These aren't a financial investment. 'nuff said.
Yep. They are bargains on the secondary markets.

We should start a thread on best bargains for statues.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:46 PM   #3186
SONICobra
Batman

where exactly is this secondary market with copious deals so many speak of? ebay is not that great for deals
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #3187
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
where exactly is this secondary market with copious deals so many speak of? ebay is not that great for deals
It still amazes me that the buy/sell/trade area of the forum is such a ghost town. Why aren't we selling to each other? It works so well on the CGC boards.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #3188
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It still amazes me that the buy/sell/trade area of the forum is such a ghost town. Why aren't we selling to each other? It works so well on the CGC boards.
I've often thought about just destroying statues I no longer want vs. having to put up with all the scammer's out there.

I just saw a huge ordeal on Facebook where one guy scammed another guy out of $12,000. Then the scammer tried playing as the victim and claiming that the buyer was actually the scammer.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:15 PM   #3189
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Still the best Wolverine to date. Hoping we get Brn version reveal during Spook.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:44 PM   #3190
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
The perception is that it isn't so great for deals because it seems like everybody on there posts their statues for some insane Buy it Now prices that no one is willing to pay. I sell my stuff on eBay and I do regular auctions and it seems like I have to either wait a while for someone to actually bid or I have to inevitably lower the price to something I'm willing to settle on. And it's not like I start my auctions at crazy prices, I always start them for less than what I paid for the statue myself.

I just sold the recent Wonder Woman EX for $465 shipped, I sold the recent Joker EX PF for like $100 below Sideshow's price, the XM Studios 1/4 Thor for like $200 less than I paid, the 1/5 Avengers Assemble EX's for close to $100 less than their Sideshow price, and so on. I think eBay has really, REALLY gone down hill ever since they implemented that idiotic "Make Offer" functionality. That has basically turned eBay into Craigslist where everyone expects to get things for flea market prices and people are a lot more hesitant to just bid on something because they think they'll inevitably get it for cheaper, and I don't even use that option. But people know it's there, so they're more hesitant to bid. And of course the reality that the market is so flooded with statues now that they just aren't going to have that same perception of "worth" as they did when there were fewer options.

I guess the bright side for me is I'm pretty much done with all this stuff lol. The statues I have now, I'll be keeping for the long haul. And I plan on buying very, very few in the future.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote