Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-12-2018, 10:42 PM   #21
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Watched it twice now and enjoyed it even more the second time around. William Zabka deserves an award playing Johnny in this. Amazing performance. The score is so good with the old themes and new themes. So well done. Season 2 is also green lit now and will be out in 2019. Great cast and characters, the only one I didn’t car for was Daniel’s son. He didn’t even need to be in it and no need to make him fat.
I've been wondering why he is letting him grow up to be fat little spoiled brat that disrespects adults. That kid needs a bully. Did I mention I like the non-PC attitude of this show? LOL
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #22
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I've been wondering why he is letting him grow up to be fat little spoiled brat that disrespects adults. That kid needs a bully. Did I mention I like the non-PC attitude of this show? LOL
Same, love the non-PC attitude for sure, great for a change. Plus, there is no forced gay character for once where their sexuality has nothing to do with the plot... I’m in shock. Lol

I just love this show, it exceeded my expectations for sure and first time I’ve watched a series twice in a long time.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:54 PM   #23
MrYac
Hercules

yeah, the son was totally pointless. little jerk and didn't have any character besides that.

so what do you guys think for season 2? my guess is Kreese takes over the Dojo in some way (perhaps something as lame as a licensing issue with the name) and forces Johnny out, the kids stay there and turn into even bigger jerks which makes Johnny feel horrible seeing them turn into bad people, so he teams up with Daniel and Robbie. Miguel is a huge dick at first, but eventually comes around leaving Hawk as the main Cobra jerkbag to deal with.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:57 PM   #24
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
yeah, the son was totally pointless. little jerk and didn't have any character besides that.

so what do you guys think for season 2? my guess is Kreese takes over the Dojo in some way (perhaps something as lame as a licensing issue with the name) and forces Johnny out, the kids stay there and turn into even bigger jerks which makes Johnny feel horrible seeing them turn into bad people, so he teams up with Daniel and Robbie. Miguel is a huge dick at first, but eventually comes around leaving Hawk as the main Cobra jerkbag to deal with.
I can see that happening. I also for sure think Daniel’s daughter will be in the tourney this time around after her ending, which also rocked.
Kreese is going to be great, also looking forward to more surprise cameos and of course flashbacks.
The Miguel actor did a fantastic job in season 1 portraying a weak, bullied kid transforming into the bully...he was just mean in that tourney. Loved Robbie’s transformation too.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:17 PM   #25
MrYac
Hercules

I agree, the kids were all really good. Miguel especially was a great actor.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:01 AM   #26
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I think the kid was put in there to show how Daniel with his successful business has been sucked into the rich life style and has kind of forgotten what's really important in life....

You have his daughter hanging out with the stuck up "popular" kids and he also has a son who has been obviously ignored to much which has caused him to be overweight and disrespectful.

If you also noticed his Dojo was being used as a storage room.... I just think Daniel had forgotten what Mr. Miyagi had taught him about life. I think that's what the writers were trying to show...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #27
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think the kid was put in there to show how Daniel with his successful business has been sucked into the rich life style and has kind of forgotten what's really important in life....

You have his daughter hanging out with the stuck up "popular" kids and he also has a son who has been obviously ignored to much which has caused him to be overweight and disrespectful.

If you also noticed his Dojo was being used as a storage room.... I just think Daniel had forgotten what Mr. Miyagi had taught him about life. I think that's what the writers were trying to show...
Yeah, makes sense and pretty much what I thought too but i just didn’t buy it...the daughter at least has good values which was realistic but the son...just too much of a stretch IMO and the only part I didn’t care for.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #28
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Yeah, makes sense and pretty much what I thought too but i just didn’t buy it...the daughter at least has good values which was realistic but the son...just too much of a stretch IMO and the only part I didn’t care for.
Yeah but the flashbacks with the daughter show that Daniel did spend time with her when she was younger probably before his business became big but I think it's pretty obvious that he neglected his son...

I have a feeling they did this also because next season will probably see a change in his son as he spends more time with his dad and becomes more interested in karate. To show what happens when you do spend time with your kids.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #29
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I watched the whole season over the weekend. My wife and I both really liked it. I like how they showed what happened in the movie through Johnny’s eyes. I wound up really liking him in it. Looking forward to season 2. I give it a solid 8/10, definitely worth watching.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote