Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Question on Yamato Statues

I am new to Yamato and really like several of their 1/4 scale Luis Royo Fantasy pieces and their Hajime Sorayama Lady Ninja piece so I was wondering how the production quality is on their 1/4 scale resin line.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

The production quality is pretty excellent on most their pieces. Dead Moon looks almost exactly like the prototype and many others are close to the prototype as well. I can take pics later of Lady Ninja for you as well. She also came out awesome
Old 02-12-2015, 06:04 PM   #3
Vallos
Jubilee

Speaking from my personal collection (I own 5), all are top quality productions. From the paint application, to the sculpt, these five are still highly enjoyed. Having said that, with any company out there, there are a few bad apples, namely Silas unfortunate experience with Luz, comes to mind. His basically "disintegrated" - his word. But overall I think they are a top notch company to buy from.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #4
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Awesome. Thanks Spec. Pics would be most appreciated.

Do they offer replacements if you happen to get a damaged piece?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Speaking from my personal collection (I own 5), all are top quality productions. From the paint application, to the sculpt, these five are still highly enjoyed. Having said that, with any company out there, there are a few bad apples, namely Silas unfortunate experience with Luz, comes to mind. His basically "disintegrated" - his word. But overall I think they are a top notch company to buy from.
Thanks a lot for the info Vallos. I am considering buying direct so I can take advantage of some of their exclusive - Lady Ninja for one I read a few more are in the works like the Royo Dead Moon piece. Do you know if they are pretty good with returns and exchanges?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #6
Vallos
Jubilee

Yes, they are. I should have mentioned this in my first post. Hot Box came in damaged. They handled the exchange in an expeditious manner. Easy, smooth and fast. I never had to ask for a refund, so I can't comment on that, but I do believe that would not have been a problem.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #7
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Yes, they are. I should have mentioned this in my first post. Hot Box came in damaged. They handled the exchange in an expeditious manner. Easy, smooth and fast. I never had to ask for a refund, so I can't comment on that, but I do believe that would not have been a problem.
Great! Thanks Vallos. Much appreciated!
Old 02-13-2015, 06:37 AM   #8
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My Ritual 1/4 (ordered from SpecFiction some time ago) arrived damaged (her hand holding the sword fell off the peg and one of the fingers broke), so I contacted Yamato directly and they agreed to change it for a mint one. I just had to send the broken one to them at my own cost. SpecFiction gave me partial refund to cover the cost of shipping, and after several weeks my replacement arrived, safe and sound. Thumbs up to SpecFiction and Yamato!
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #9
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
My Ritual 1/4 (ordered from SpecFiction some time ago) arrived damaged (her hand holding the sword fell off the peg and one of the fingers broke), so I contacted Yamato directly and they agreed to change it for a mint one. I just had to send the broken one to them at my own cost. SpecFiction gave me partial refund to cover the cost of shipping, and after several weeks my replacement arrived, safe and sound. Thumbs up to SpecFiction and Yamato!
That's great to hear 3stun. Thanks! I will be sure to order any non exclusive Yamato statues through SpecFiction. It sounds like they really take care of their customers which is great to hear. I think a rep from there posted further up in this thread. Hopefully he will post some pics of Lady Ninja when he has the time.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:35 PM   #10
charger30
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I have 7 of them love them all only had a problem with Luz her cape cracked when I was installing it , I tried to by direct from them but canceled as they could not get me a postage cost to Australia.
charger30 is offline   Reply With Quote