Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #31
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
If he fights again it should be on an equal basis. If there was proper weight divisions this sport could be bigger than boxing.
The only division that's messed up is the heavyweight division. All the rest are fine.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #32
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Seems like an easy solution.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #33
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Seems like an easy solution.
I know Dana has said that he doesn’t see the need for a super heavy division but from what I’ve seen in the UFC and everywhere else in MMA I would have to disagree. You watch that fight and it looked like Fedor didn’t have a prayer when that fight went to the ground.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #34
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It's like watching a Super-middleweight say Roy Jones Jr v Tyson. Jones is the better technical fighter but if Tyson connects game over. Totally unfair. JMO. That's how is see that Fedor v Silva fight. Fair play to Fedor for not making an issue of going up against these big guys. Just shows you he loves the sport and doesn't Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga! about it.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #35
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I know Dana has said that he doesn’t see the need for a super heavy division but from what I’ve seen in the UFC and everywhere else in MMA I would have to disagree. You watch that fight and it looked like Fedor didn’t have a prayer when that fight went to the ground.
How many super heavies are there? I mean u could prolly count totals on 1 hand maybe 2...Brock, Carwin, Cain...U would have 2 combine both Strikforce n UFC to have a decent division
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
How many super heavies are there? I mean u could prolly count totals on 1 hand maybe 2...Brock, Carwin, Cain...U would have 2 combine both Strikforce n UFC to have a decent division
I know. It's just crazy how these huge guys took over. If your not not at least Cain's size you only have a punchers chance.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #37
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridimous View Post
Fedor is still a great fighter imo. Can't wait to see his next match.
I think Fedor is a great fighter, he is just not the best and he probably knew he couldnt be as dominant as he was in pride, to be the best you have to fight the best, and you aint going to fight the best at these other organizations even though they do have good fighters, its just not the cream of the crop at any given moment.

I think they should cap the heavyweights at 240 and start a superheavyweight 240 and up, even though its a small field its fair, and if the superheavies want to be competitive let them drop to 240 so they can test a fighter at a fair weight and know its skill not sheer size thats winning them fights.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #38
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
I think Fedor is a great fighter, he is just not the best and he probably knew he couldnt be as dominant as he was in pride, to be the best you have to fight the best, and you aint going to fight the best at these other organizations even though they do have good fighters, its just not the cream of the crop at any given moment.

I think they should cap the heavyweights at 240 and start a superheavyweight 240 and up, even though its a small field its fair, and if the superheavies want to be competitive let them drop to 240 so they can test a fighter at a fair weight and know its skill not sheer size thats winning them fights.
Agreed. I mean even though there aren't too many super heavy's it's becoming clear that these guys are just too damn big.