Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-14-2021, 10:21 PM   #281
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I agree that Prime 1 pieces can be out of reach for many people as some of them are for me. But just because I can't afford to buy a Lamborghini doesn't mean I don't appreciate them as some of the finest machinery on Earth! Vroom Vroom!

The key is to roll up in your 10 year old Honda Civic and lean out your window to tell the Lamborghini owner why his model isn't as good as the newest Lamborghini.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:56 PM   #282
pau123
Sailor Moon

Hahahahhaa...
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #283
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I have you on ignore so I only saw that you'd responded to my post because someone quoted you. I have zero interest in any sort of back-and-forth with you since you're incapable of having an actual discussion. I'll let everyone else deal with your condescending attitude.

So, you come in an SS thread, preach to the SS fan base that Prime is way better, can't believe/dismiss any obvious counter points, & I'm the one who is condescending for offering some push back?

In a world where we have a raging virus, a raging planet, & barely managed to drag out a raging lunatic out of office, & you play the miffed card when confronted with obvious observations? Good luck with that.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:16 AM   #284
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think both pieces are awesome. The P1 piece is more complex, and the Robins add a lot to the proceedings. The slimmed-down Sideshow version (with no Robins) puts all the focus on BWL himself. Both very worthy statues. There are only 1200 of the P1 piece. There will almost certainly be double or more of the Sideshow PF.
I was actually very tempted to buy the Prime version, but when I saw it up close, I was once again stunned on how relatively "crude" the sculpting details & paint apps actually are for Prime 1 sculpts. I do dig the concept/design very much, but once we have the chance to see a side by side comparison of both versions, the differences will be undeniably clear. SS sculpting is much more subtle/refined along with their paint apps.

Now, if this is a stylistic preference by some collectors(?), I have no problem with that whatsoever. What I do have a problem with is the unbelievable fantastic claims regarding Prime's ultra detailed sculpts/fantastic paint apps claims, which are simply not true. What Prime does well is their concepts/designs (which isn't too difficult when gleaning directly from comic art), & marketing, where they hype a release like it's the second coming, & the flock seems to follow, regardless.

Regardless of what? The crude heavy handed sculpting approach & paint apps, which are consistently ignored or justified by collectors. What some describe as "fine" details are actually just an abundance of crudely sculpted, crudely painted elements, as can clearly be seen if judged individually. Yeah, the 3 Robins are a cool concept, but once you pick one of those "birds" up & take a closer look, the spell quickly fades. Again, crude heavy handed sculpting & paint, which if they were separated from the whole, would be considered no better than a cheap plastic toy, which I would pass on.

Would love to see a side by side pick of the two Freeze portraits by SS & Prime. Even at 1/3 scale, the Prime has a crude "dead" head plastic look/vibe, with little detail, while the SS version has that cool/soul vibe, with finer detailing & subtle paint.

Just ordered SS Freeze & Bane, with SS Batman who laughs up next. I don't know what the total cost of a Prime 1 Freeze would be, but with SS rp thrown in, I got a pretty good deal.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:43 PM   #285
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I was actually very tempted to buy the Prime version, but when I saw it up close, I was once again stunned on how relatively "crude" the sculpting details & paint apps actually are for Prime 1 sculpts. I do dig the concept/design very much, but once we have the chance to see a side by side comparison of both versions, the differences will be undeniably clear. SS sculpting is much more subtle/refined along with their paint apps.

Now, if this is a stylistic preference by some collectors(?), I have no problem with that whatsoever. What I do have a problem with is the unbelievable fantastic claims regarding Prime's ultra detailed sculpts/fantastic paint apps claims, which are simply not true. What Prime does well is their concepts/designs (which isn't too difficult when gleaning directly from comic art), & marketing, where they hype a release like it's the second coming, & the flock seems to follow, regardless.

Regardless of what? The crude heavy handed sculpting approach & paint apps, which are consistently ignored or justified by collectors. What some describe as "fine" details are actually just an abundance of crudely sculpted, crudely painted elements, as can clearly be seen if judged individually. Yeah, the 3 Robins are a cool concept, but once you pick one of those "birds" up & take a closer look, the spell quickly fades. Again, crude heavy handed sculpting & paint, which if they were separated from the whole, would be considered no better than a cheap plastic toy, which I would pass on.

Would love to see a side by side pick of the two Freeze portraits by SS & Prime. Even at 1/3 scale, the Prime has a crude "dead" head plastic look/vibe, with little detail, while the SS version has that cool/soul vibe, with finer detailing & subtle paint.

Just ordered SS Freeze & Bane, with SS Batman who laughs up next. I don't know what the total cost of a Prime 1 Freeze would be, but with SS rp thrown in, I got a pretty good deal.
It is good to see differing opinions for Prime 1 pieces vs Sideshow. Go Sideshow! The demand for the Prime 1 pieces is getting a bit too competitive with their pieces selling out and the shipping costs going up. Sell more Sideshow!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:10 AM   #286
BurningRage
Inhumans

2500 ex, 4500 reg
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:04 AM   #287
SONICobra
Batman

Hopefully this bodes well for a two face pf
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:26 AM   #288
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
2500 ex, 4500 reg
That’s a lot. Guess there’s no rush to PO.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:51 AM   #289
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
2500 ex, 4500 reg
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #290
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Yes, especially if you aren't an EX person, one can easily wait for in hand pics of this.

Man, the more I see these high edition sizes from SSC, the more I appreciate the reasonable edition sizes from XM, Infinity, JND, Prime 1, Tweeterhead, Queen (pretty much everyone else in the high collectible market game).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote