Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-27-2021, 11:37 PM   #211
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
You what else grinds my gears? When is Sideshow gonna wake up and pack their statues like PCS and XM??? Better styrofoam and the freaking Velcro straps. I just unboxed the PCS Megatron and it was a pleasure. If these smaller studios can do it then SS can definitely do it. It makes a difference. Premium collectibles should be packaged accordingly. I don’t think it’s being picky or petty either. The money SS charges this should be a given.
THIS!!!!

I love opening XM. Slide the top of that box off, unlatch the Velcro. Sheet shows me the boxing layout. Absolutely my best unboxing experiences, hands down. PCS 1/3 Spidey was Velcro strapped as well, fitting since they changed their name. I only have 1 Prime 1 and the pieces were wrapped in cloth. So lovely. Lol.

Meanwhile, I’m looking at this Sideshow Doctor Strange Maquette I have yet to open that’s been sitting for days and I know I should probably “deal with it” sooner than later. I really want to enjoy the statue but I just don’t feel like the box. Smh that I’m really letting the box keep me from the statue but having XM, P1 and PCS in the past few months followed by Sideshow has me spoiled lol.

I have to say Pure Arts is the WORST. In my 2 unboxing experiences a few months ago the styrofoam cartons barely fit the boxes, they must have made sure to spare no costs in packaging production, so it’s extremely difficult to get out, much more so than sideshow. Just to get the carton back in the box and the box back in the shipper was a squeeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I completely agree. I feel that Sideshow doesn't want to do it simply because they won't admit other companies do it better than them.
That and costs. I don’t know the costs but I imagine velcro costs more than tape. Also XM boxes are thick. Sideshow’s are not. Sideshow doesn’t want to spend that type of money on packaging. That money is saved for office chairs.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:53 PM   #212
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
That used to be such a pain. lol. They've been punching air holes to the top box to make it a bit easier.
That's good. That was a five minute ordeal all by itself.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:29 AM   #213
Peedi
The Secret Six

Too frickin good to be true. Everything was looking lovely. Then I pick up the body and see this pouch is broken. I’m thinking it’s just handling, but then again that being a pouch added to the main body, the way it sits in the compartment was a bad decision anyway. Who thought it’d be a good idea to have that piece right against the foam like that? Literally every other sideshow order is broken, doesn’t fit together, something. Bad design but also whoever handled this during the shipping process may need to be kicked.

Old 01-28-2021, 02:54 AM   #214
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, that's a little close to the styrofoam. Big enough of a jolt and that could snap. That's a shame. Hopefully it's an easy replacement.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:40 AM   #215
SDguy

Oof! Man, you cannot catch a break (pun intended)! I would def take the credit and just glue that.... it obviously separated where it was originally glued anyway. But make them bump up the credit amount... say you need to buy the glue too LOL
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:12 PM   #216
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

That sucks. Surprised more people haven’t had that happen.

I just had my 100th order from SS ship, so I probably shouldn’t be in this thread. Clearly they haven’t managed to make me mad as hell. More like mildly ticked off here or there.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:30 PM   #217
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Oof! Man, you cannot catch a break (pun intended)! I would def take the credit and just glue that.... it obviously separated where it was originally glued anyway. But make them bump up the credit amount... say you need to buy the glue too LOL
Lol that’s mostly what I’ve been catching with Sideshow. That and statue parts that don’t fit each other.

Lol I’m sure they’re as sick of me as I am of them. I know breaks aren’t always their fault, delivery can cause breaks, but clearly that styrofoam wasn’t thought out too well so I fault them with that. I actually just finished going through the resolution for my Alex Ross Original 7 print with them. Since they offered refund or a credit without an option to send it back and have it fixed, I contacted framer Parker Jordan and they agreed to send replacement frame molding to a framer local to me on the East Coast instead of risking sending the entire piece back to them and them sending it back to me. It’s being re-framed now, so taken care of by PJ. But Sideshow, I knew I wasn’t going to be without this piece, I’ve wanted it for a loooong time, so I told them the credit they offered wasn’t enough for me to get it fixed nor would compensate what I’d lose by selling it, which isn’t fair to me as a customer who’s product arrived that way. They responded the maximum they could give is what they already stated to me, in the form of credit. I responded I’m not concerned about credit to buy another one of your products that I have no idea what’s going to show up to me, I’m concerned about fixing THIS product so taking care of this for me would be refunding the amount to my card so I can get this fixed, not a credit to buy more broken things. And they actually did send the credit amount back to my card lol. So I guess that’s my sideshow favor.

Sometimes I worry, does sideshow think I’m scamming for credits because I’ve had a lot of issues with them over the past year and a half or so...Psylocke X-Force, Rogue, Colossus, Cable, Spidey 1/3, Unruly Industries Miles, O7 framed art print, Dr Strange, off the top of my head... But I’d rather not have to make requests to them for credits and just spend money on items that arrive to me the way they should...I can say though, I made extremely well with Psylocke X-Force lol.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #218
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Exclusive Portrait and gloves

Variant
Apparently you are not alone Courtesy of Rodrigue Pralier....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rodrigue-pralier-2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	136525  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:53 AM   #219
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Apparently you are not alone Courtesy of Rodrigue Pralier....
Nice. Curious to see if he has a base for it.

It would be great to get a licensed 1/4 piece at some point. At this point I wouldn’t want it to be from Sideshow. There’s other companies.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:38 PM   #220
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

1/4 Batman DKR for fvcks sake Sideshow.

I’m still mad.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote