Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-28-2021, 10:13 AM   #151
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I know. How can you have any collection of X-Women and not have Storm? If the line only consisted of just Storm and Jean, that would've been ok for me. However, to have either of them missing is unthinkable for me personally. No X-Women lineup is complete without both of them IMO.
Has Adam ever drawn Jean not as Phoenix/Black Queen?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #152
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Has Adam ever drawn Jean not as Phoenix/Black Queen?
Yup he did. But never saw him render the 90s costume so far
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF884CBA-C28A-4BBF-BCDC-9A6D15B0D5DC.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	136520   Click image for larger version

Name:	781D3CD8-E0B0-4F44-A13C-EB0D5F2406BF.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	136521   Click image for larger version

Name:	86F21B71-E3B1-4AA2-ADFD-8A1C18B738BC.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	136522  
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #153
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Yup he did. But never saw him render the 90s costume so far
I never saw the 2nd picture before but I have seen the two from the Grant Morrison X-Men era. I have to say that I do like the middle picture alot and it looks like her costume is colored blue instead of green, which looks very nice.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:52 AM   #154
SDguy

Yeah, I've never seen that second picture either. Very nice.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #155
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yep. He has drawn her as Marvel girl for a couple commissions and he did some art of her when she was in the all black looks during Morrison's run.

EDIT: Ha - was answering the question and had to stop because of a work call. Then other people beat me to it

There is also a really cute drawing from 2003 called Jean's First Day. https://cafans.b-cdn.net/images/Cate...hes-heroes.jpg
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #156
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
I know. How can you have any collection of X-Women and not have Storm? If the line only consisted of just Storm and Jean, that would've been ok for me. However, to have either of them missing is unthinkable for me personally. No X-Women lineup is complete without both of them IMO.
Well to their credit, it was an Adam Hughes line up, not specifically an X-Woman line up. Also remarkable is the fact this line went to 9 (at least I see 9 in these pics, are there more?) Outside of “X-Men PFs/Maquettes” and CotD that’s a huge accomplishment from sideshow. They haven’t even done 9 different Spider-Man characters yet in one consistent scale.

My guess is they probably didn’t have an Adam Hughes Storm because they made her for the Women of Marvel line up and sideshow wasn’t repeating characters in the same scale too often at the time.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:03 PM   #157
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Didn't the AH line only have 7? Emma Frost, Black Queen, She Hulk, Mary Jane, Black Cat, Rogue and Mystique. Dagger, Scarlet Witch and Psylocke were part of the Mark Brooks line.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #158
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Didn't the AH line only have 7? Emma Frost, Black Queen, She Hulk, Mary Jane, Black Cat, Rogue and Mystique. Dagger, Scarlet Witch and Psylocke were part of the Mark Brooks line.
Oh yeah, you’re right
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:45 PM   #159
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Well to their credit, it was an Adam Hughes line up, not specifically an X-Woman line up. Also remarkable is the fact this line went to 9 (at least I see 9 in these pics, are there more?) Outside of “X-Men PFs/Maquettes” and CotD that’s a huge accomplishment from sideshow. They haven’t even done 9 different Spider-Man characters yet in one consistent scale.

My guess is they probably didn’t have an Adam Hughes Storm because they made her for the Women of Marvel line up and sideshow wasn’t repeating characters in the same scale too often at the time.
I actually spoke to Adam at a C2E2 Comic Con years ago and asked why he and Sideshow never released a Storm COM. His answer was heartbreaking. Storm was supposed to be the 1st statue in the Hughes line. Marvel rejected the concept art so they skipped her. That was so incredibly frustrating to hear.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:56 PM   #160
SDguy

Quote:
I actually spoke to Adam at a C2E2 Comic Con years ago and asked why he and Sideshow never released a Storm COM. His answer was heartbreaking. Storm was supposed to be the 1st statue in the Hughes line. Marvel rejected the concept art so they skipped her. That was so incredibly frustrating to hear.
Though it brings up a good point. SS is forever getting bashed in this forum about "their" choices. Would be interesting to know how much is really due to the licensor.