Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2021, 05:20 PM   #21
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Also, I read somewhere that shipping companies had changed their policies regarding volumetric prices, which is obviously going to affect Prime 1 and their huge pieces (those ridiculous bases!) more than anyone.
Remember all the people who claimed they just LOVE huge bases and that companies like XM and Prime 1 shouldn't reduce them? I wonder where they are now that shipping has gone (astronomically) through the roof.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:41 PM   #22
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This might slight off topic, but I'm not a fan of UPS new redirect policy either. You can either pay 6 dollars for them to redirect a single package, or you can pay 20 dollar for there Choice membership for unlimited access for 1 year.

I work all the time, so being home to sign for a package is impossible. And given the times, leaving a statue worth several hundred dollars outside at the door gives me pause, so I've always in the past redirect them to a near by UPS store which use to be free.

I know, its very minor, but it's still an additional cost for collecting statues.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #23
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Remember all the people who claimed they just LOVE huge bases and that companies like XM and Prime 1 shouldn't reduce them? I wonder where they are now that shipping has gone (astronomically) through the roof.
I’m right here, still buying P1 stuff. Can’t wait to own the Batman vs Superman.

Some of you people are just weird. But that’s message boards for you I guess. Brings out the fanatics who enjoy saying outlandish things.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:45 PM   #24
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I’m right here, still buying P1 stuff. Can’t wait to own the Batman vs Superman.

Some of you people are just weird. But that’s message boards for you I guess. Brings out the fanatics who enjoy saying outlandish things.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:14 PM   #25
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Did I say anything of the sort? Or did I simply say that the rising costs at Sideshow may not be greed as implied, but due to the costs coming from Prime 1's end? After all Sideshow have to ship them from China and then ship them again to the customer.

That said, you aren't seriously telling me that it costs $800+ for Prime 1 to ship an relatively averaged sized statue from China to the UK? No other company of this kind seems to have such surcharges. I don't expect anything, but Prime 1 currently have about $3k of my money sitting in their accounts. If they add such costs two those two orders, I will be cancelling them regardless of who is to blame. Hence they need to get their shipping costs in line before they lose too many orders. We don't have the option for economy shipping still. That might be a good starting place.
From an company stand point Prime 1 Studio is a small company in regard to other companies, is not like they have leverage like big companies like Amazon. I know Amazon is a bad example, what I am trying to point out is that the companies have no say on the shipping fees. In addition to that people being charge even more in Europe is probably the government fault not really shipping company or statue companies.

Beside that Prime 1 Studio is been pretty fair with the shipping, the last statue I got from them, they gave me a option to either cancel the order and return my full deposit since it was delay so much and they gave me a option to hold the statue at their warehouse until prices of shipping has gone down.

Guys, this statue collecting is a luxury experience, I don't think we should make a thread about things we have a option of not buying. It makes sense if this was food or medicine but statue guys?
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:26 PM   #26
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
From an company stand point Prime 1 Studio is a small company in regard to other companies, is not like they have leverage like big companies like Amazon. I know Amazon is a bad example, what I am trying to point out is that the companies have no say on the shipping fees. In addition to that people being charge even more in Europe is probably the government fault not really shipping company or statue companies.

Beside that Prime 1 Studio is been pretty fair with the shipping, the last statue I got from them, they gave me a option to either cancel the order and return my full deposit since it was delay so much and they gave me a option to hold the statue at their warehouse until prices of shipping has gone down.

Guys, this statue collecting is a luxury experience, I don't think we should make a thread about things we have a option of not buying. It makes sense if this was food or medicine but statue guys?
So if it’s not life or death people can’t complain when being taken advantage of? Even with many tech companies silencing many, we still have freedom of speech here.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:36 PM   #27
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am not an expert but based on what I've read, Covid has done two things. First, people are just shipping more things (instead of going to stores) so that is putting a strain on shipping companies. The shipping companies are raising prices to fund extra costs due to this (like overtime) AND using the raised prices to weed out certain shipments. Second, there have been Covid outbreaks at various ports and shipping facilities which have hurt the labor numbers for these companies. They are having to pay more to hire more workers and/or pay overtime.

I am sure there are other reasons too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Also, I read somewhere that shipping companies had changed their policies regarding volumetric prices, which is obviously going to affect Prime 1 and their huge pieces (those ridiculous bases!) more than anyone.
All of the above.

I usually use FedEx when it comes to my Sideshow Statues, but, if you go on Sideshow's site now they give you different shipping options and the prices.

Look at the difference between UPS and FedEx currently...

Now robin is a small PF both in volume and foot print. But FedEx is now charging much more than UPS for domestic shipping.

Now add that on to World Wide Services, depending on who is shipping and to where you could be paying a huge cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shipping.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	136421  
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:36 PM   #28
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Shipping is out of control. I just paid $335 to ship a statue. God only knows what express would’ve been.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:41 PM   #29
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Shipping is out of control. I just paid $335 to sip a statue. God only knows what express would’ve been.
Agreed, the shipping we pay from Major companies includes their discount for volume. Getting or Shipping out things as a consumer or from a single consumer is ridiculous right now.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:44 PM   #30
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
All of the above.

I usually use FedEx when it comes to my Sideshow Statues, but, if you go on Sideshow's site now they give you different shipping options and the prices.

Look at the difference between UPS and FedEx currently...

Now robin is a small PF both in volume and foot print. But FedEx is now charging much more than UPS for domestic shipping.

Now add that on to World Wide Services, depending on who is shipping and to where you could be paying a huge cost.
That's good to know. I know they always offered both, but in the past, you had to call them to choose one over the other.