Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-26-2021, 07:33 AM   #61
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Theres a reason the price of shipping is never on the actually item being shipped or the delivery note. You will never know how much statue companies or 3rd party suppliers are actually making out of us on shipping, trust me they are. My advice is to shop around. I just got Queen Studios Thanos shipped to me in Oz for $380, when other companies wanted to charge me up to $1000. Its a shame they are taking advantage of us, but they are.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:53 AM   #62
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Wow 40 dollars to ship an apple to Ireland.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #63
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Theres a reason the price of shipping is never on the actually item being shipped or the delivery note. You will never know how much statue companies or 3rd party suppliers are actually making out of us on shipping, trust me they are. My advice is to shop around. I just got Queen Studios Thanos shipped to me in Oz for $380, when other companies wanted to charge me up to $1000. Its a shame they are taking advantage of us, but they are.
This is what I'm talking about.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:54 PM   #64
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I was about to order the PCS Starscream after the last of my points were saved from my latest purchase.

Last week it was $203 to ship to Pennsylvania...now its $242.14!!

Seriously, what the deuce?! I'm getting a King Ghidorah Statue (35 x 53 x 31) from Thailand and I had shipping options for $150 economy or $250 standard!
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 02:14 PM   #65
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Wow 40 dollars to ship an apple to Ireland.
It wasn't all that long ago that I paid $40 shipping to receive their huge Predator 2 maquette to the UK....

This one....

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:04 PM   #66
youstolemysn
Fantastic Four

IS Daredevil had normal shipping prices for me. So I haven’t been effected by this yet
youstolemysn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:15 PM   #67
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Well they have to get the fees from somewhere to cover the high cost of maintaining the massive sideshow museum. Rent and expenses to keep it is very expensive these days. It's not just from shipping. But everywhere with budget cuts from Lower cost shipping supplies, to replacing staff. This is the same for retailers and offices. As for shipping cost it';s going to only go up every year until collectors stop buying. We buy and they will keep selling.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:02 AM   #68
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Anyone experienced the UPS shipping option disappearing on the weekends? Edit: It's back now, weird.

Anyways, shipping has all but killed the hobby for me. Volume is the real problem, so I'm moving back into Hot Toys and such.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:18 AM   #69
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Anyone experienced the UPS shipping option disappearing on the weekends? Edit: It's back now, weird.

Anyways, shipping has all but killed the hobby for me. Volume is the real problem, so I'm moving back into Hot Toys and such.
With higher shipping costs and limitations to reward points, Sideshow is losing much of my business.

I want to get into hot toys, but I can't stand those ball joints. Its like surgery trying to replace those switch-outs. Wish they installed magnets instead.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:13 AM   #70
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They are 100% taking money from shipping and pocketing large. They can ship orders in bulk and save thousands compared to consumer . If they say diff it’s a lie . It’s no diff than seller on eBay charging 25.00 to ship a stamp . They set the prices .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote