Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #991
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dorothy View Post
I am now up to date with the Darkstalker releases! I really love my Lord Raptor and it's a shame more people didn't appreciate him; the monsters need more love!

I do, however, wish I could have added input to the Styrofoam thread. It doesn't matter how careful you are, that stuff crumbles and gets EVERYWHERE. I needed to go outside to get it off my clothes and I'll have to vacuum my room.
i think the darkstalkers will get more love once capcom releases the new Darkstalkers video game. i think that will spark more interest (and value) to the statues as well.
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #992
IcEMaN_BeckeR

I just have Lord Raptor and absolutely love him and I've played guitar for 16 years so this is definitely going in our studio!! Love it!!! Thanks for great work! Can't wait to see more!!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #993
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
i think the darkstalkers will get more love once capcom releases the new Darkstalkers video game. i think that will spark more interest (and value) to the statues as well.
Agreed which is why Jerry should continue to work on the line and give us more monsters!
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #994
R Dorothy
Frackin!

I think Jon Talbain would sell well. Not just Darkstalkers fans but folks who like werewolves would pick him up as well.
R Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #995
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

BornFree's Street Fighter Collection

Just thought I'd post my collection. Not all PCS. Not all Street Fighter.
I have a long way to go. Right now I'm looking for PF Akuma, Shin, Ryu, and Evil Ryu....but at reasonable prices :-)

Last edited by d rod; 01-12-2017 at 06:49 AM.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #996
BornFreeSF

Continued...

Old 04-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #997
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Right now I'm looking for PF Akuma, Shin, Ryu, and Evil Ryu....but at reasonable prices :-)
Nice collection man .. Wondering why you would need the Reg & Ex of your missing characters are you not happy with just one of each after all more than one of each character on display looks a bit silly anyway? .. I do sense you are a bit of a completest though right?

When you say 'reasonable' prices I am afraid you had to be around 3 years ago for that. Expect to pay the below for each of the pieces. Remembering of course that one mans 'reasonable' is another mans 'completely unacceptable' .... have fun completing the line to date!

Ryu $1200
Evil Ryu $1000

Akuma $1800
Shin Akuma $2200
Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #998
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Here are some pics of my Shin I acquired a few months back to complete the SF line to date. I picked him up with no COA at a good price from a member here. Yes yes I know I said I wouldnt buy a piece with no COA but I would never justify the price with the COA and so I bit the bullet. I keep the COA's in their box in storage anyway so not as if its such a big deal and it cut $1000 of the price

On that note though if a member here has a Shin and would be kind enough to blank their ES and signature with white paper and scan the COA please PM me.
Jerry agreed he would number, sign and return a COA to me if I could source and post him a blank as he deleted the art work .... Long shot maybe but there may be a kind soul out there willing to help ?

Old 04-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #999
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
Nice collection man .. Wondering why you would need the Reg & Ex of your missing characters are you not happy with just one of each after all more than one of each character on display looks a bit silly anyway? .. I do sense you are a bit of a completest though right?

When you say 'reasonable' prices I am afraid you had to be around 3 years ago for that. Expect to pay the below for each of the pieces. Remembering of course that one mans 'reasonable' is another mans 'completely unacceptable' .... have fun completing the line to date!

Ryu $1200
Evil Ryu $1000

Akuma $1800
Shin Akuma $2200
Thanks! I like what I have so far. I'd like both regular and ex if the change is signicant. I don't need both guiles (although I have the green in storage!) for example or both kens. Ryu, Akuma and possibly Gief are the only exceptions.

I play a lot of street fighter and so the other reason for both Ryus is they are different characters with different move sets.

Nice buy on the Shin. I would have done the same thing. Especially since Akuma is my main and so it's unlikely I would sell him.
Also, has anyone actually seen a fake? Of any PCS SF characters? Just wondering.
And if they do fake them, seems like the COA would be the easiest thing to fake wouldn't it?
Hence in my mind if the statue looks good to me and brings me joy then I don't care about the COA.
But that's just my opinion
But obviously COA is preferred. I'd scan you the shin one if I had it!

Abel is a beast btw. Ironically my favourite so far

Thanks for the prices. I'll bear those in mind. I guess I'll have to sell some of my other statues first before I buy.
Every little helps!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #1000
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Awesome stuff guys!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote