Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-11-2005, 06:50 PM   #11
Grievous
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

MR once said that people who post on forums are responsible for 10% of their sales.
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:42 AM   #12
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

Maybe even less than that. I'm still waiting to hear what the ES will be. Right now, I have mine ordered through Target.
Mini-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #13
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW
Why is this helmet so much more than the Clone Trooper helmets?
You need to consider that the Vader Helmet is taken directly from the exact molds used for the helmet worn by HC in the film. It also is manufactured in 3 pieces as opposed to the 1 piece required for the Clone Trooper helms. The interior apparently also has leather and is 100% accurate to the original prop.

Also remember that fan made Vader helms generally cost more than $1,000 and are not nearly as well made as this will be. I actually think the price point on this is on the low end. Granted, $900 is a lot of money when taken in isolation, but it's not that much when you compare it to what else is out there.

The price would be higher if MR decided to make the ES on this low, since I believe this will be an open edition. It actually falls into the Studio Scale category, and MR collector's club members can use the $100 coupon on it bringing the total to $800. I'm not buying one only because I'm concentrating on a select few MR pieces right now (I have the AT-AT SE and 6 Clone Helms in various colors coming).
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote