Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Question iPad and Apple products in general ??

Do Apple enforce strict pricing on their product? IE do they take away the individual retailers rights to price the product themselves? I have noticed here in Ireland that the products are priced all the same. When I bought my Mac three or four months ago the store sales person said that Apple dictate the price and they cannot move on them. He said he could offer me a deal on other PCs. Is this the case everywhere with Apple?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

yessum

Edit; But there is ways to get these apple products cheaper. IE being a student, you get some nice discounts.

Also my brothers company has a employ program where they get tons of discounts on allkinds of products. Apple is one of those in the program. So with that discount i can buy a item and the amount of money taken off is like i didnt have to pay tax on the item.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I believe it is the same everywhere. I notice a lot of the big chain stores offer free gift cards or iTunes cards with their Apple products instead of reducing the price.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I love the Mac but i have to say this sucks. Had my first look at the iPad and while its nice its missing alot of features I am sure will appear on the next generation model so I'll probably pass and pick up the iP4 instead.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

And the student program gives you a free itouch or ipod, one of those free with a purchase of a computer.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
risingstar
Jedi Order

As a general rule, I never buy first generations of anything. Generics of the Ipad will likely sell for $100 within 2 years. Lots of people went ape over the slideshow frame too. We see them everywhere for a fraction of the original costs, and they're even better than they were. Marvel and DC should produce its own Ipad for dirt cheap. That might get kids back to reading comics too.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Att and Microsoft get %10 off
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
As a general rule, I never buy first generations of anything. Generics of the Ipad will likely sell for $100 within 2 years. Lots of people went ape over the slideshow frame too. We see them everywhere for a fraction of the original costs, and they're even better than they were. Marvel and DC should produce its own Ipad for dirt cheap. That might get kids back to reading comics too.
This is true, there's already a company called Augen that's selling $150 tablets running Andriod apps. No where near Apple quality but they all access the same Internet. These will eventually force Apple to seriously drop the price of the iPad.

Here's a link about it;

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mob...id=X8HMT88iGT_
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote