Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 12-01-2016, 11:56 PM   #41
riky
Mephisto

Pics?!
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:37 PM   #42
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Got email saying the golbert manmelter i won during reverse auction is being cancelled because they are out of stock. I got it at pretty low price - around $250+shipping for a $690 retail. I replied questioning how it can be out of stock when they still have it for sale on the website from EU/NZ warehouse. And within 1 minute the weta dude replied again saying it's out of stock and their product team is updating all the inventories.

Now i always like to give people benefit of the doubt, but this sounds very shady for me, especially for such a reputable company.

1) How the heck do you not check inventory before putting up the reverse auction, and it's all automated meaning as soon as the quantity allocated are sold noone can order anymore. Makes no sense.

2) Do they really think i am so stupid as to believe literally the minute i told them the item is still in stock with screenshot, their product team just happen to be updating this item and turned it to out of stock by coincidence? And their website order/inventory is all linked, so as soon as it sells out it will automatically flip - it was showing in stock.

The item itself is not a big deal i got it because it looked nice, but this whole dishonest shady operation is what really gets me. If you are not willing to sell the item for the low price the reverse auction went for then dont put it up so low. But once it's sold you should honor your OWN auction, just like ebay forces all sellers to, and any other auction house.

Very lame of weta, lost a lot of respect for that company

EDIT: i just checked right now 11:45AM EST and it's back IN STOCK at full price. So dishonest.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #43
xerxes
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Got email saying the golbert manmelter i won during reverse auction is being cancelled because they are out of stock. I got it at pretty low price - around $250+shipping for a $690 retail.
Sorry to hear about Weta refusing to come to the party. You're not Robinson Crusoe here... several folks on the Weta board are reporting the same thing - BF orders being cancelled with nebulous reasons given. I picked up the Minas Tirith in a reverse auction for the lowest price it fell to, but it hasn't shipped yet... not holding my breath.

Weta long ago fell into shadow... they aren't the company they once were. This was the first purchase I've made through them in years. Hope they do something for you.
xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:16 AM   #44
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow, that is shady. Talk about a bait and switch. As word gets out this'll kill their rep and ruin any anticipation of similar sales in the future. Not cool.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:15 AM   #45
Luminous
Cyclops

Sorry to hear about that. Extremely lame on their part. Looks like I'll be keeping my distance from WETA.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #46
goto
Mephisto

My Smaug Bust have arrived yesterday from EU Warehouse without any problems but Weta have cancel some BF orders here from customers in europe because out of stock in eu warehouse...not cool Weta.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #47
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
Sorry to hear about Weta refusing to come to the party. You're not Robinson Crusoe here... several folks on the Weta board are reporting the same thing - BF orders being cancelled with nebulous reasons given. I picked up the Minas Tirith in a reverse auction for the lowest price it fell to, but it hasn't shipped yet... not holding my breath.

Weta long ago fell into shadow... they aren't the company they once were. This was the first purchase I've made through them in years. Hope they do something for you.
guess i am not the only one, what really pisses me off is all the time wasted on the reverse auction.

they also cancelled the 2nd gun BF reverse auction last minute, it's obvious they didn't expect the price to go that low, which is fine but they should still honored their own auction that has already completed.

gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote