Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Hulk: Does He Age?

Figured if I started the thread title with Hulk, I might get a faster response And sorry it's not a "what if" question.

As I clearly am a Hulk momo, but I've only seen a bazillion threads/posts about the Hulk being unbeatable and having regenerative powers of sorts, a question came to me....

Does Hulk age? Does Banner age and that's how Hulk ages if he ages at all?

Has the mutation of his cells come to the point he ages very very slowly, like Wolverine?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

The Hulk ages, though incredibly slowly.

He's alive 1,000 years from now in Future Imperfect and hundreds (if not a thousand) years from now in The End - both by Master Hulk Scribe Peter David. He's white-haired and balding in both, and Banner is incredibly old in the End (but still mobile). So, yeah... he ages very slowly; but he ages.

Radiation from the several nuclear wars that wiped out civilization slowed down his aging (and made him stronger) even more).
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Future Imperfect is set about 100 years in the future as even Rick Jones is still alive, mind you as a wheelchair-bound elderly man.

I do not know when "Hulk the End" is supposed to take place.

The "Old Man Logan" story line takes place 50 years in the future and the Hulk remains relatively youthful.

Seeing all these stories are alternate and only possible futures for the Hulk, I would not consider any of them as valid references for the Hulk's aging process.

But, we do know that Wolverine's healing factor slows his aging, so it would reasonable to expect that the Hulk's healing factor may have a similar effect.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thank you for that Hulk information.

I'm thinking the only way for Hulk to be no more is not a person of brute strength, but a person of magic/reality manipulation.

Like Scarlet Witch saying "No More Hulk"
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Future Imperfect is set about 100 years in the future as even Rick Jones is still alive, mind you as a wheelchair-bound elderly man.

I overlooked that.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I can't think of any story that has shown old age to do anything more to Hulk than turn his hair white. As long as he still has the gamma radiation powering him in the first place, Hulk is practically immortal.

Mark Millar introduced that baby offspring of Hulk at the end of the Old Man Logan story that grew up to become a member of the Nu Earth Defenders in his Fantastic Four run. Jonathan Hickman used those characters when he took over Fantastic Four, and even there, that Hulk lived for thousands of years and just turned into another variation of Maestro in the end.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
Mark Millar introduced that baby offspring of Hulk at the end of the Old Man Logan story that grew up to become a member of the Nu Earth Defenders in his Fantastic Four run. Jonathan Hickman used those characters when he took over Fantastic Four, and even there, that Hulk lived for thousands of years and just turned into another variation of Maestro in the end.
Now another question -- so Banner/Hulk's offspring come automatically mutated to be like Hulk? I didn’t know he had kids. Are they regular size babies? Can a normal human female carry his offspring?

Sperm is pretty sensitive, I can't image it REALLY surviving gamma radiation. Hulk has now crossed the line to unbelievable!

Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Millar did more involving the Hulk baby? I may have to check that out.

Linds, Jennifer Walters is that kid's Mom (yes, Bruce's cousin.. lol; yuck), so the Mom was a Hulk as well.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #9
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Millar did more involving the Hulk baby? I may have to check that out.
Technically that Hulk appeared as an adult in FF before he appeared as a baby in Old Man Logan. Millar worked in a lot of connections among his Marvel books at that time (FF, Old Man Logan, 1985).
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
rubeng
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Incredible Hulk: The End
rubeng is offline   Reply With Quote