Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-06-2017, 12:26 PM   #491
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Just couple years ago, king hulk or Gladiator hulk was $600. This entire pricing structure is so Fk'd up that I hope ssc it will ultimately fail. A "C" rate character selling for $675? WTF is wrong with this? This hobby is coming to an end very soon.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #492
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Just couple years ago, king hulk or Gladiator hulk was $600. This entire pricing structure is so Fk'd up that I hope ssc it will ultimately fail. A "C" rate character selling for $675? WTF is wrong with this? This hobby is coming to an end very soon.
I've said this before 1/6th will make a comeback and frankly i saw SS Avengers assemble at SDCC together and from a scale perspective they looked awesome and had good presence at 1/5th. It's great to go 1/4th, 1/3rd etc. when pricing is stable but right now pricing isn't at all stable. Why do you think even XM has a 1/6th announcement? These companies know that the 1/4th elite buyer is going to scale back cause of pricing and the smaller scales bring in the collector and the casual buyer. Tweeterhead is rocking 1/6th right now. They might be turning into the DC Bowen. Eric Sosa got the 1/6th Marvel. Kotobukiya is out there and XM like I mentioned before. I know this doesn't help those 1/4th or bust but I'm seeing the writing on the wall.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #493
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I like 1/6 or 1/5 scale honestly... they're perfectly size for large team setups.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:02 AM   #494
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Survey says.....Overpriced! Look for discounts down the road people....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #495
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I've said this before 1/6th will make a comeback and frankly i saw SS Avengers assemble at SDCC together and from a scale perspective they looked awesome and had good presence at 1/5th. It's great to go 1/4th, 1/3rd etc. when pricing is stable but right now pricing isn't at all stable. Why do you think even XM has a 1/6th announcement? These companies know that the 1/4th elite buyer is going to scale back cause of pricing and the smaller scales bring in the collector and the casual buyer. Tweeterhead is rocking 1/6th right now. They might be turning into the DC Bowen. Eric Sosa got the 1/6th Marvel. Kotobukiya is out there and XM like I mentioned before. I know this doesn't help those 1/4th or bust but I'm seeing the writing on the wall.
Well let's be honest about the XM 1/6th DC announcement. They only went 1/6th because they couldn't find a wsy around SSC ww DC 1/4 scale license. It wasn't their initial intention.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #496
SONICobra
Batman

tweeterheads making 1/6 scale look pretty tempting...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:59 AM   #497
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
tweeterheads making 1/6 scale look pretty tempting...
They already have more comic version DC statues than what Sideshow had this year.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #498
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I must say aside from the price Forps was spot on this statue. Also thanks ss/ Harbottle for the set Es and ex or fail head. That was the icing on the cake for me.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #499
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I must say aside from the price Forps was spot on this statue. Also thanks ss/ Harbottle for the set Es and ex or fail head. That was the icing on the cake for me.
What aspects of the COH and its chemistry with this statue make this an Exclusive or fail?
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #500
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
What aspects of the COH and its chemistry with this statue make this an Exclusive or fail?
LOL! you just got CBG'd
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote