Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 08-17-2006, 07:28 AM   #1
firestorm
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Cool Batman Begins Sequel: MORE Villains...

Excerpted from Bill Zwecker's column in the Chicago Sun-Times dated August 17th, 2006...

"Ryan Phillippe (Antitrust) may have aced out Liev Schreiber (Scream, Manchurian Candidate) and Josh Lucas (Hulk, Stealth) to snare the role of Harvey Dent/Two Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel, again starring Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman--
Newly crowned Academy Award winner Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Capote, Mission: Impossible 3) is in talks to play the Penguin in the new picture."

3 villains in one movie?... isn't this a bit of overkill?...

Heath Ledger as a young Joker?... maybe... maybe not... I'm still on the fence on this choice, but it JUST MIGHT work...
Ryan Phillippe as a young Harvey Dent?... NO WAY!...
Phillip Hoffman as a young Penguin?.... I think he'll do just fine... funny, he reminds me in a way of Paul Williams, the voice of the animated Penguin...

So there it is... whaddaya think about THESE developments?... any comments/opinions from out there in the SF wilderness?...
firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Well, maybe they're just going to have Cameos and not full blown roles. I don't know if many people remember, but Billy D Williams was Harvey Dent in the first Burton Batman (not that he came back as Two Face). Hopefully they're just sort of thrown in for fun and not an important part of the movie.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
patrickwm68
The Flash

That was the problem with the other Bat movies, too many villains. The studio probably stepped in....again, and said more villains = more toys and action figures.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:07 AM   #4
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Ryna Phillipe as Harvey Dent is an awful chioce. I heard at one point Guy Ritchie was interested because of the Nolan connection from Memento, now that would've been awesome.I can see Josh Lucas in the role too.

Harvey shouldn't become Two face until the third film, perhaps after Joker gets caught there could be a 'Trial of the Joker' and Joker could squirt Dent with his flower acid.

Hoffman should be cool, as long as they don't make hima a sewer mutant.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #5
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

as was said and i have to agree - the idea of a samll cameo role to eb followed up by a main role in a sequel would be the best way tot do it - like big G said - billy d in the orig played dent and then 2 face popped up in part 3 - it also works well for hte spidey movies - they elude to certain villians in the first 2 (dc connors/goblin/venom .... i could be wrong but i htink carnage too) and they are going to be in the 3rd installment
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68
That was the problem with the other Bat movies, too many villains. The studio probably stepped in....again, and said more villains = more toys and action figures.
Let's hope that's not what has happened here...
firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #7
RC212
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think he should just fight Superman, and knock that stupid grin off Routh's face... which reminds me i need to post something
RC212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Too many villains in one film has always been problematic. Batman Returns is the only one that really pulled it off at all. I'm worried about Spider-Man 3 with Venom, Sandman and the Harry Goblin all together. The first two were great with just one main villain. I hope Drew's correct, that these others show up briefly only as teasers or to seed the plot for future movies.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #9
Nightwinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Too many villains in one film has always been problematic. Batman Returns is the only one that really pulled it off at all. I'm worried about Spider-Man 3 with Venom, Sandman and the Harry Goblin all together. The first two were great with just one main villain. I hope Drew's correct, that these others show up briefly only as teasers or to seed the plot for future movies.

There's rumor of a 4th villian in SM3.
You know how the interent is..............What I read recently----Bruce Campbell as MYSERIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He may not be the full blown-Mysterio....
Just a set up.

Which would be cool. Seeing he 'appeared' in the first 2. Connected to
'entertainment'---announcer of wrestling match. Usher at MJ's play.

Getting back on track................

ONLY if Harvey/Two face and Oswold Cobblepot/Penguin make ver small
cameos that will lead to future roles in othe Bat-movies.

TOO MANY villians spoil the movie............

Ryan as Harvey---eh...okay.
Hoffman as Penguin-----should hit that out of the ball park!!!!!!!!!!!
Nightwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #10
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I say nay to Ryan as Dent. You need someone with more GRIT!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote