Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-10-2016, 10:01 AM   #1311
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

is it me or did they take down the PO site? I was investigating as to who all was involved in this?, if I remember three sculptors, I know that Mark Newman was one, he is usually a Body Guy, i don't know about these other two, head and base?
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #1312
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
You can find more info on their facebook page. It's based off Abraao Lucas artwork.
Never heard of this guy but his work is decent but too amateurish.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #1313
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
As disappointed as I am, I'm fairly certain I will still take the risk and purchase this, but only because the only other option (for now), is to get the custom S&P SG, which is ~$200 more, and no mixed media (which I love). I want a SG in my collection at 1:4, and this will have to do. We will likely not see another one for a while, or possibly hold out for Prime 1, though they might use the new 52 costume.

There is still hope that the head is detachable, and that will allow us to buy a custom portrait. However, you should NEVER have to buy a custom portrait to make a statue acceptable (for me at least). The custom should be there as the icing on the cake.

Guess I will make the final decision tomorrow, or wait for a coupon...
I gotta say, its pretty shocking the number of people that have come right out and said they don't really like it or find it disappointing, but thier planning on buying it anyways. I just can't believe the number of people that are perfectly ok with spending $400+ on a statue they openly admit is disappointing. Oh well, its thier money and their entitled to spend it as they see fit.

Personally, I don't care how badly I want a SG in my collection, I will never knowingly spend my money on a statue I don't really like, especially at this price level. There are just way too many quality statues on the market to buy something I don't really like. I am putting my money on Prime 1 producing an amazing SG and if they don't come through, I will wait for the next Sideshow version. There are plenty of other statues on the horizon and currently up for pre order with which to drop that $400+ on including the new Pfieffer Catwoman, Cleopsis, Gamora, etc.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #1314
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

I think she looks good next to superman, just not a fan of her enough to get it. Im happy with my 5 power girls!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #1315
AC_808
Hercules

Haha ...dayum.... 5 Power Girls!

I knew you said you were going to get a few, but that still shocks the mind.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #1316
ChromeColossus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I gotta say, its pretty shocking the number of people that have come right out and said they don't really like it or find it disappointing, but thier planning on buying it anyways. I just can't believe the number of people that are perfectly ok with spending $400+ on a statue they openly admit is disappointing. Oh well, its their money and their entitled to spend it as they see fit.

Personally, I don't care how badly I want a SG in my collection, I will never knowingly spend my money on a statue I don't really like, especially at this price level. There are just way too many quality statues on the market to buy something I don't really like. I am putting my money on Prime 1 producing an amazing SG and if they don't come through, I will wait for the next Sideshow version.
I could not have said it any better Crush, I am also interested in seeing what Prime 1's Supergirl offering will be.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #1317
ChromeColossus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
I think she looks good next to superman, just not a fan of her enough to get it. Im happy with my 5 power girls!
yeah but with your Mad Skills Vince, you could make her look Beautiful, not the Homely Butter Face SSC is selling.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #1318
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I gotta say, its pretty shocking the number of people that have come right out and said they don't really like it or find it disappointing, but thier planning on buying it anyways. I just can't believe the number of people that are perfectly ok with spending $400+ on a statue they openly admit is disappointing. Oh well, its thier money and their entitled to spend it as they see fit.

Personally, I don't care how badly I want a SG in my collection, I will never knowingly spend my money on a statue I don't really like, especially at this price level. There are just way too many quality statues on the market to buy something I don't really like. I am putting my money on Prime 1 producing an amazing SG and if they don't come through, I will wait for the next Sideshow version. There are plenty of other statues on the horizon and currently up for pre order with which to drop that $400+ on including the new Pfieffer Catwoman, Cleopsis, Gamora, etc.
You are absolutely right, and so far I have never bought a statue that I didn't absolutely love. The only reason I am possibly making the exception is because I don't find her hideous like most. Other than the headsculpt (which is still ok, but nothing spectacular), the piece is really nice. I was just hoping for the headsculpt to match artgerm's print, or at least resemble it a little. I'm completely fine with everything else about the piece. But again, it's a risk that I am willing to take, and have faith that it will look better in-hand.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #1319
adee
Green Arrow

If the proto paints couldn't help the portrait I am very skeptical about the production paints making it look better.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:26 PM   #1320
COI

For the 3 people who might be interested:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ibles-3002641/
COI is offline   Reply With Quote