Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #121
BurningRage
Inhumans

BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:04 PM   #122
ukshaun
Hercules

Michael Myers 1:3 Scale Statue will feature a custom tailored real fabric costume and two interchangeable portraits, one featuring fully sculpted hair and another with mixed media hair. For the die hard Halloween fans, the PCS Exclusive version will come with a number of extra accessories including a light up jack o' lantern, Judith Myers tombstone and a bed sheet "ghost" costume!

I'm assuming that means the previous portrait shown recently with sculpted hair, and a new portrait based on the 1978 Myers complete with mixed media hair (wig hair or as someone posted, silicone hair).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #123
qz33
Doctor Doom

No I think it is the mask that will be silicone and likely both will be the same sculpt the only differentiator being the hair.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:23 PM   #124
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

While I commend their revisions, it's still really bad. Damn man, was so looking forward to this being the Halloween nut that I am.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:28 PM   #125
Gruson
Suicide Squad

It’s better for sure but still a bit off. I like it and would get it if Jason part 7 and Freddy were also made.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:28 PM   #126
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
No I think it is the mask that will be silicone and likely both will be the same sculpt the only differentiator being the hair.
I see. So they've scrapped the portrait shown recently and re sculpted it and created 2 versions, feat hair made from different materials.

A silicone mask makes sense, why bother with sculpted hair if the mixed media (Hot Toys style actual hair) is being used on one of the portraits.

The moaning about the previous portrait was caused by sculpted hair in the wrong style and a mask that reflected a more recent movie.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:14 AM   #127
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
To say people who care about the accuracy of the mask, are obsessed, is actually quite insulting. It's not obsessive to want something accurate. There are fans of many movie characters who like accuracy in their products, and while I may not need accuracy in those products, I certainly respect their love for their favorite characters, and certainly wouldn't call them obsessed.

And the mask is certainly not spot on, from a Halloween fan at least. But that's your layman view on it, and more power to you if you buy it.
Wow, over reaction much?

I don't know where you get that being obsessed over something is a bad thing? I'm obsessed over Transformers and other 80's cartoons. I'll admit it and I'm not ashamed.

You used the word "fan", you do realize that fan is an abbreviation of fanatic? It's basically the same thing...

Anyway, I only used it as a reference so that people wouldn't get mad at me for saying in my eyes it looks like it does in the movie and production stills. Looks like everyone got mad anyway.

For the record, I won't be buying this as I have no interest in collecting Horror statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty1983 View Post
first of all the mask is far from spot on its not even close, and secondly if you were buying a statue of an actor you would want the face to be very very close to actor its suppose to be, the people who are saying the mask is a not right is just the same as people pointing out when faces are bad on statues that are suppose to look like a certain actor but do not. this mask looks like a mask but it looks like a 30 dollar myers mask that you pick up in the halloween party store, so of course people will still be able to tell that its michael myers but its nowhere near the original 78 michael myers mask that its suppose to be. lets not forget that was the goal here,
I don't buy statues based on actors likenesses for that very reason. Even if the sculpt is spot on you have the paint work that could make it look off.

Even then, I have very few statues with a human face. Robots and Masks and aliens all the way.

Again, I was just here for the conversation and stating that it didn't look off to me.

Hope you guys get the mask you want, even though I think the one here in the PO shots is the one you're getting.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #128
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think the piece looks pretty badass myself. The improvements are noticeable, the display options are impressive, the ES is respectable and given the size the price is actually pretty reasonable. 100% screen acurate? Nah, but let’s be honest, not much is. You can find fault/inaccuracies in most everything if you look close enough. That said there’s no mistaking who this is. If this piece was 1:4 scale it’d be a pretty easy decision for me to purchase because he’s my favorite Horror icon but seeing as how it’s 1:3 I’m still wrestling with committing to it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:47 AM   #129
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I’d have bought this instantly if it had been released by Sideshow, such a shame.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #130
ALI3NS
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
I’d have bought this instantly if it had been released by Sideshow, such a shame.
Just curious...is there something specific about PCS that concerns you or do you just like Sideshow better for some reason?
ALI3NS is offline   Reply With Quote