Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #1021
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Used the addition $25 coupon (contest) and applied to this. $372.49 USD shipped is quite a good deal.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:58 PM   #1022
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I saw the Sideshow Street Fighter commercial from the Sideshow live show. Nice touch with the upright arcade and vs theme. Give a raise to whomever did that. Cool factor for these pieces.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:03 AM   #1023
dao2
Cyclops

I picked up mecha zangief, question did anyone else's have some moisture in there? It was definitely moisture and not water damage or water that got in there, I could see on the side of the bag. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have caused any damage and it was slight. But I don't remember this piece having an issue with that (my original reg certainly didn't), and with the P1 berserk having issues with their SS shipment it makes me wonder if it's SS warehouse storage that's causing the issue :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:22 AM   #1024
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I picked up mecha zangief, question did anyone else's have some moisture in there? It was definitely moisture and not water damage or water that got in there, I could see on the side of the bag. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have caused any damage and it was slight. But I don't remember this piece having an issue with that (my original reg certainly didn't), and with the P1 berserk having issues with their SS shipment it makes me wonder if it's SS warehouse storage that's causing the issue :<
This time of year maybe sudden temperature and humidity fluctuations.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:45 AM   #1025
VS1976

Got my second Mech Zangief from ssc this week and no issues. Also it was an AP which was a nice surprise.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:30 AM   #1026
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This time of year maybe sudden temperature and humidity fluctuations.
yeah but you'd figure they'd have this stuff in a climate controlled enviroment :< I know that's a big ask for a warehouse but it's better then ----ing up their entire stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Got my second Mech Zangief from ssc this week and no issues. Also it was an AP which was a nice surprise.
second wow! I know it's a fantastic price for an amazing and huge statue but one's good enough for me :P good thing I have no interest in the v-trigger as I really don't need another
Old 04-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #1027
VS1976

Quote:
yeah but you'd figure they'd have this stuff in a climate controlled enviroment :< I know that's a big ask for a warehouse but it's better then ----ing up their entire stock!

second wow! I know it's a fantastic price for an amazing and huge statue but one's good enough for me :P good thing I have no interest in the v-trigger as I really don't need another
It’s such a good deal and I really like the mecha. Shipping alone would had cost $125UsD so it’s hard to take the bait. I was going to get the V-trigger but just don’t like the color on it.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #1028
qz33
Rescue

Quote:

Even just in shipping. Can't remember where you are dao but for me right now mornings can be 32 with afternoons in the 70s. Then there's the humidity fluctuations and sitting for who know how long in trucks and containers.

A lot of stuff like P1 that arrived in Janu/Feb had moisture issues but they were shipped during some brutal cold of -10 to -20 then brought into 70° homes or even warehouses that may though while may not be as warm that is a huge difference. Then there's the moisture and ocean surface temperature changes while shipping to the warehouse. Once water separates from the air it doesn't evaporate back into the air as easily in these styrofoam casks and it's way easier for moist air to get in then it is for it to get out.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #1029
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Even just in shipping. Can't remember where you are dao but for me right now mornings can be 32 with afternoons in the 70s. Then there's the humidity fluctuations and sitting for who know how long in trucks and containers.

A lot of stuff like P1 that arrived in Janu/Feb had moisture issues but they were shipped during some brutal cold of -10 to -20 then brought into 70° homes or even warehouses that may though while may not be as warm that is a huge difference. Then there's the moisture and ocean surface temperature changes while shipping to the warehouse. Once water separates from the air it doesn't evaporate back into the air as easily in these styrofoam casks and it's way easier for moist air to get in then it is for it to get out.
Maryland so it's not particularly warm here yet but it is heating up. That explanation makes sense but stuff has always shipped after chinese new year in droves, I don't remember moisture being a real problem except in some very rare cases like the batman bust in the past. All of a sudden tons of pieces have them? Something must have changed :<
Old 04-07-2019, 08:57 PM   #1030
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Desiccant packets are used for just this purpose. Have they been missing in these affected shipments?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote