Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

And in other news...

So you announce a contest. Get a bunch of Facebook fans to put time and effort into creating a new logo for you. Then you just...dump it?!?!?!?

WHAT...THE...#@^*!!!???!!!

That's a crap move. No matter how you slice it. That's a crap move. How disrespectful that is to those that put in the effort. And for that matter, were sitting and waiting for a winner to be picked nearly a year after it was suppose to happen. That's horrible. Those who put in the effort should be getting rewarded in some way. So glad I didn't have the time to get involved in that. I would have been even more pissed off then I am now. I feel bad for those who put in the effort. Unbelievable.

CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

LMAO
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I can't imagine working for free for only a chance at being compensated - by no less an unscrupulous bunch. I get that there are starving artists out there, but come on, don't be a sucker. It's a relatively cheap life lesson, learn and move on.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
CyberSteak

I suspect I'll be booted off their Facebook group soon. I'm not hiding my displeasure for these people. You guys may talk about what an @$$hole Jerry was/is and you're likely right. But Ant and his boys are proving to be just as big of @$$holes as Jerry.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #5
CyberSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I can't imagine working for free for only a chance at being compensated - by no less an unscrupulous bunch. I get that there are starving artists out there, but come on, don't be a sucker. It's a relatively cheap life lesson, learn and move on.

Oh but wait! Now you can pick out what pose to make Sonya in. Only for them to pick and chose Ideas and go with nobody's idea at all.

And the prize. Well you'll get to wait YEARS to get it, if it ever sees the light of day at all.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Ever heard of interns? There are many unpaid jobs where people aren't paid for an opportunity to work in a particular field.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

Hive are normally good. They dropped the ball when it came to the Sonya Blade pose. It was based on the pixels from the MK game. The Hive concept failed in many areas. It's good to know Sonya Blade will happen at some point, and be 1/4 scale
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #8
Augen
Metal Men

I don't see that first facebook post pictured. I was sort of curious as to response and possible submissions of Sonya.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #9
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

The contest stated a prize would go to the design that receives the go-ahead. A new logo is no longer on the cards as the CEO may rename the company. Something I coincidentally suggested yesterday. So the contest is void. Fair or not, it's a legitimate reason. I don't see the problem.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:05 PM   #10
chris1203
The Spirit
Adamantium Plus Member

Damn MK3 Sonya Blade MM 1/4 Klassic sounds good
chris1203 is offline   Reply With Quote