Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-03-2024, 03:41 PM   #41
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
The first one was missing an unlit saber from his hilt. He had a change of hand(s) so when he wasnt holding his saber there wasn't one for his belt. Some people had them made. They showed it initially as coming with that but left it off. The one he held did not light up. The last batch also had a lean to it (Thats how mine was) though I have never heard of one actually crashing.

I guess if you just treat this like another 1/4 SW PF its not that big of a deal.
The saber was even in the pictures on the box, they just forgot to produce it and ultimately decided they did not care enough to produce it.

Also the saber in his hand was stupidly undersized, but that wasn't a surprise everyone knew that going in most people seemed to plan on using the empty hand anyway which made the missing saber a bigger slap in the face.

And yes it was a lean inherent in the statue not one that developed over time (as far as I know, I sold mine but never heard anything). Again on the promo pics and the box he was standing up straight but he was leaning heavily to his right. Some people argued that just leaning into the wind however physically that would be massively unstable without angling your leg, and again it clearly wasn't meant to be like that it was a defect.

Almost the entire original mythos line was full of defects though. I think Maul was ok and the Gamorrean looked ok to me but some people mentioned some issues? Vader had issues with his hands that needed to be redone but the redone hands had the lava painted in the wrong direction. Fett had all sorts of warping. The big gun, the tiny pistol, and his rifle all had massive warping.

The newer line is better I think? Other then the paint not being as good as the proto (a sideshow staple of course) out of the two I have the tattoos on the Asajj cloaked head are not properly aligned, in comparison to the previous mythos line it's a tiny issue. A lot of people got their back cloak piece broken during ship as well.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:43 PM   #42
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes I remember the SABER THING. MYC made them
I remember when they showed Darth Maul collectors wanted 1/4
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:46 PM   #43
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Y I remember the SABER THING. MYC made them
Indeed he did, $20 or $25 + shipping IIRC?
Old 01-03-2024, 03:53 PM   #44
Gamma
Frackin!

The scale change is a let down.
Also the reboots make me loose interest..
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:54 PM   #45
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The saber was even in the pictures on the box, they just forgot to produce it and ultimately decided they did not care enough to produce it.

Also the saber in his hand was stupidly undersized, but that wasn't a surprise everyone knew that going in most people seemed to plan on using the empty hand anyway which made the missing saber a bigger slap in the face.

And yes it was a lean inherent in the statue not one that developed over time (as far as I know, I sold mine but never heard anything). Again on the promo pics and the box he was standing up straight but he was leaning heavily to his right. Some people argued that just leaning into the wind however physically that would be massively unstable without angling your leg, and again it clearly wasn't meant to be like that it was a defect.

Almost the entire original mythos line was full of defects though. I think Maul was ok and the Gamorrean looked ok to me but some people mentioned some issues? Vader had issues with his hands that needed to be redone but the redone hands had the lava painted in the wrong direction. Fett had all sorts of warping. The big gun, the tiny pistol, and his rifle all had massive warping.

The newer line is better I think? Other then the paint not being as good as the proto (a sideshow staple of course) out of the two I have the tattoos on the Asajj cloaked head are not properly aligned, in comparison to the previous mythos line it's a tiny issue. A lot of people got their back cloak piece broken during ship as well.
Thanks for all that info, I wasn't collecting during the first Mythos line. Maybe I won't be looking for that OG Kenobi afterall. I hope this new one is fully sculpted, or it will be an easy pass.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:58 PM   #46
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Thanks for all that info, I wasn't collecting during the first Mythos line. Maybe I won't be looking for that OG Kenobi afterall. I hope this new one is fully sculpted, or it will be an easy pass.
It's new territory in 1/4th but previously all mythos statues (not the figures) were fully sculpted so I think it is likely. The old Obi Wan is still great but unsure what price it goes for these days. When I sold it was for $1,200 so it was an easy decision because I wasn't that big a fan of it anyway. Problems aside it still looks great IMO, same with Fett (though the switch out gun options are kinda dumb).

It's very much a buyers market at the moment with second hand statues so if you don't like how this comes out and want the old one and you see it at a good price I say go for it, just look at actual in-hand pics to determine if you like it because of the lean and missing saber (though they may have bought the extra one). I haven't POed anything from SS in years, they make so many that I've easily picked up statues from them with a decent discount.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:01 PM   #47
craigcliff1
Zot

Mythos Obi-Wan is one of SSC BIGGEST, MOST POPULAR PIECES. To make a 1/4 is SMART of them. Yes can make some collectors mad, but it's all about MONEY.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 04:10 PM   #48
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Mythos Obi-Wan is one of SSC BIGGEST, MOST POPULAR PIECES. To make a 1/4 is SMART of them. Yes can make some collectors mad, but it's all about MONEY.
It's a new sculpt anyway not the same one just made bigger.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:19 PM   #49
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah Sideshow can do whatever that's fine. I'm disappointed in the scale thing no doubt. My main thing was if you're going to reboot the line in a different scale, abandon the pervious scale then how about giving us a roadmap of where things are headed? Look this is the game. sideshow abandons lines changes scales and does whatever. It is what it is.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 04:23 PM   #50
dao2
Cyclops

I don't remember them saying they are abandoning the line or that they would continue. We had 2 sets of Mythos 1/5 releases, who knows if they will do another or not.